• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe In or Out.. you decide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe In or Out.. you decide

The Headline says “UK contractors want to stay in EU

Like most BBC / Govt polls it appears to be based on a very small sample size of only those 3150 individuals misguided enough to waste their money joining IPSE and then extrapolated to represent the 1.4 million IT freelancers

The majority of the UK’s freelance and contract professionals believe the country should remain part of the European Union, a survey shows.
    Only about a quarter of the 3,150 IPSE members who were surveyed said they would vote for the UK to no longer be a member of the EU, while 14 per cent said they were undecided if they would vote ‘remain’ or ‘leave
    So in the interest of fairness a Troll Poll ™ to give a definitive answer & like the national referendum no voting by johnny bloody foreigners allowed -especially former Eastern Europeans / Komrades
    Yes
    36.84%
    No
    50.00%
    Dunno but AndyW’s mum will take it either way
    13.16%
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

You think CUK is a representative sample?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      You think CUK is a representative sample?
      Its a sample, once they get it back from the lab they might work out what it really is.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its a sample, once they get it back from the lab they might work out what it really is.
        Something which penicillin isn't effective against would be my guess.

Comment

I like this poll.
          It's very unusual to get a vote on anything in Europe
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            no voting by johnny bloody foreigners allowed -especially former Eastern Europeans / Komrades

In the interests of meaningless anecdotal evidence....

My wife is Slovak - she'd vote for the UK to leave.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Nonsense.

You get to vote time & time again until you get it "right".
              ah yes I remember dwelling upon the manifesto where it said we will let a billion immigrants in if you vote for us. zigy ziggy heil.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I wonder if the police will listen to my complaint that voting to remain a member of the EU is a direct act of Treason?
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                  I wonder if the police will listen to my complaint that voting to remain a member of the EU is a direct act of Treason?
                  Both sides have legitimate arguments
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Both sides have legitimate arguments
                    Really? Treason is pretty clear cut:

Under the Treason & Felony Act 1848 it is a treasonable offence to:

Give Aid, Comfort and Support to a Foreign Power , Persons or
                    Organisation wishing to subvert the Sovereignty of the Country
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                    X