• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding work in Berlin/Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding work in Berlin/Germany

I am pretty well aware of the tax implications of working in Germany, yet I'd still like to try it for a few months (181 days or so).
    How would one go about looking for roles there? Xing, Linked in and personal networks aside, what are some good job boards?
    Is stackoverflow popular there, how about job serve?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    I am pretty well aware of the tax implications of working in Germany, yet I'd still like to try it for a few months (181 days or so).
    How would one go about looking for roles there? Xing, Linked in and personal networks aside, what are some good job boards?
    Is stackoverflow popular there, how about job serve?
    My better half is Russian but speaks fluent German (and I mean fluent, almost native) and she worked in Berlin for a while and I was over there almost every weekend, loved it. Decided to look for roles there as money seemed to be pouring into the city.

Nada, Nichts, Nichego, Nowt, Nothing.

I'd recommend gulp.de but you need to pay and have good German, unless you the lot through a translator app. Gets tedious.

Otherwise Dusseldorf and Frankfurt are good, being banking/telecoms and nearby Darmstadt for EU space stuff. München for BMW work, pricy place though, Stuttgart for Mercedes.

Also rates don't seem great, pound=euro normally for me......

Comment

When I was looking a couple of months ago I saw quite a few Germany (and some Berlin) jobs on CWJobs and Jobserve.

I wimped out a little bit.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X