PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a cup of tea?

BrilloPad
3rd November 2015, 08:47
Do people understand what rape is? - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34470205)

If you can't ask for a cup of tea then you can't consent to sex. Clearly on the example given in the article it is rape.

If she had said "give it to me big boy" and encouraged him all the way then clearly it is not rape.

But look at the last sentence :-
Two weeks later, Gemma contacts the police to say that someone she knew "did something" to her.

Of course now it depends exactly what her recollection and his recollection is! Maybe we should all be microchipped so we can permanently film everything.....

NibblyPig
3rd November 2015, 09:20
Funny how they'll post that but when a teacher rapes a 10 year old boy they don't use the term rape, and even go as far as to use the fact he was 'hungry for sex' as some kind of justification.

vetran
3rd November 2015, 11:03
Funny how they'll post that but when a teacher rapes a 10 year old boy they don't use the term rape, and even go as far as to use the fact he was 'hungry for sex' as some kind of justification.

Unless the teacher is equipped with a winky they can't rape. Full stop. A woman can only commit sexual assault even if she penetrates another or another penetrates her at her command.

"If we could say that Tom could be charged with a sex offence rather than rape, we would prefer that."
THE LAWYER'S VIEW: "There is certainly a feeling that jurors are reluctant to convict a young man of good character in these circumstances of rape. It comes back to the misconception of what a rapist is. It can be thought that rapists have to go out that evening intending to rape someone which is simply not the case. Like many serious crimes, wrong decisions made on the spur of the moment can have devastating consequences for all."

this is the bit that always gets me. I vote for a Pre meditated and non pre meditated and/or non intentional offense. I think it will increase the conviction rate and open a dialogue to reduce offences.

d000hg
3rd November 2015, 11:06
Unless the teacher is equipped with a winky they can't rape. Full stop.Well that's a definition that needs fixing for a start.

BrilloPad
3rd November 2015, 11:07
this is the bit that always gets me. I vote for a Pre meditated and non pre meditated and/or non intentional offense. I think it will increase the conviction rate and open a dialogue to reduce offences.

I strongly agree. I have never understood the "rape is rape" argument. And anything to increase the conviction rate has to be good.

fullyautomatix
3rd November 2015, 11:15

It's every man's ultimate fantasy to get raped by a woman. Nothing can beat the dominatrix tying you up to a bed and then whipping your ass and then performing a sexual act.

teapot418
3rd November 2015, 12:00
Cup of tea, anyone? :rolleyes:

TheCyclingProgrammer
3rd November 2015, 12:04
Even though he did rape her, I don't consider him to be a rapist.

The stupid is strong in this one.

I found the attitudes displayed in the article quite shocking to be honest.

VectraMan
3rd November 2015, 12:13
It's every man's ultimate fantasy to get raped by a woman. Nothing can beat the dominatrix tying you up to a bed and then whipping your ass and then performing a sexual act.

By any woman, or by an attractive woman you probably would have said yes to anyway?

mudskipper
3rd November 2015, 12:22

The thing about fantasies is that you're in control of them.

GJABS
3rd November 2015, 13:19
Cup of tea, anyone? :rolleyes:

Love one. White with two sugars please.

NotAllThere
3rd November 2015, 14:25
I strongly agree. I have never understood the "rape is rape" argument. And anything to increase the conviction rate has to be good.Has that Woman's officer at some university who admitted to shagging some other woman without consent been prosecuted yet?

It's every man's ultimate fantasy to get raped by a woman...No. Just yours.

BrilloPad
3rd November 2015, 14:35

Women tend not to act them out. But men do.

original PM
3rd November 2015, 14:41
Has that Woman's officer at some university who admitted to shagging some other woman without consent been prosecuted yet?

No and I think it may fall apart because the 'victim' did not seem to be too bothered about having a fist up to the wrist in her jack danny at the time but in the morning maybe decided they did....

vetran
3rd November 2015, 14:58
No and I think it may fall apart because the 'victim' did not seem to be too bothered about having a fist up to the wrist in her jack danny at the time but in the morning maybe decided they did....

that shouldn't count Rape Sexual assault is Rape Sexual assault oh sorry the perpetrator was as woman.

MaryPoppins
3rd November 2015, 21:38
Women tend not to act them out. But men do.

Utter, unsubstantiated balls.

Pondlife
3rd November 2015, 22:03
Utter, unsubstantiated balls.

It was about a bloke with a guitar, wasn't it. :eek:

AtW
3rd November 2015, 22:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnNH7I07RY

AtW
3rd November 2015, 22:23

It depends whose fantasy it is :eek: