PDA

View Full Version : Stop the war doesn't want to stop the war

MicrosoftBob
4th November 2015, 19:11
Add in a bit of casual racism and you get the Stop The War (http://leftfootforward.org/2015/11/stop-the-war-refuse-to-listen-to-syrians-during-debate-on-syria/) 'coalition' :laugh

AtW
4th November 2015, 19:26
Best way to stop the war is to kill all your enemies :eyes

centurian
4th November 2015, 19:43
By "Stop the War", they mean stop any of our involvement in the Syrian war, so that we can have a nice warm fuzzy feeling that we are not directly responsible for any deaths.

They are not really campaigning for the war to stop, at least not in any meaningful fashion.

Seeing hundreds of thousands getting systematically slaughtered at the hands of Assad and/or ISIL - is preferable to a handful getting killed by one of our bombs.

AtW
4th November 2015, 20:00
Seeing hundreds of thousands getting systematically slaughtered at the hands of Assad and/or ISIL - is preferable to a handful getting killed by one of our bombs.

+1.

They should be sent to Turkey and deal with refugees, listen to what they got to say, look at video evidence of horrible things like barrel bombs dropped from Assad helicopters onto houses in towns. At the very least the West could have ensured that there is no fly zone there (might be too late for it now since Russian Air Force is operating) and also knock out any heavy vehicles Assad has got, finally bomb Assad himself - his death would most likely stop regime fighting as hard as it is now.

minestrone
4th November 2015, 20:42
+1.

They should be sent to Turkey and deal with refugees, listen to what they got to say, look at video evidence of horrible things like barrel bombs dropped from Assad helicopters onto houses in towns. At the very least the West could have ensured that there is no fly zone there (might be too late for it now since Russian Air Force is operating) and also knock out any heavy vehicles Assad has got, finally bomb Assad himself - his death would most likely stop regime fighting as hard as it is now.

As I have said on here for years that was the plan, that cock socket Ed Miliband got Labour to vote against military action and that throbber Obama got cold feet when the UK were not up for it.

Admittedly the precedent of the UK having to vote before bombing complete psychos and the US needing to hold the UKs hand in this type of shite as set by Blair could have just been ditched if Cameron had grown a set.

AtW
4th November 2015, 21:04
Operation in Lybia was well done. Same thing should have happened in Syria long time ago - first time after Assad used chemical weapons back in 2011 and Obama said it was red line....

SpontaneousOrder
4th November 2015, 21:47
Operation in Lybia was well done. Same thing should have happened in Syria long time ago - first time after Assad used chemical weapons back in 2011 and Obama said it was red line....

Yeah... 'cause that turned out really good for the civis, right?

AtW
4th November 2015, 21:53

It stopped genocide by a single extremely well armed group that held power at the time. That's the best the West can do - they'll have to sort themselves out later.

Jog On
5th November 2015, 09:17

+1

The whole region is hell on earth due to our involvement. We should GTFO of there now and when the dust has settled pay heavy reparations out of Tony Blair's pocket as well as all the arms and oil companies that have made billions out of this horrendous campaign.

Yeah yeah - blah blah blah CBA to go round in the usual circles on this one. Just want it to stop and those behind it all to be brought to account.

Jog On
5th November 2015, 09:19
It stopped genocide by a single extremely well armed group that held power at the time. That's the best the West can do - they'll have to sort themselves out later.

It stopped Gadaffi introducing a gold backed currency that would sink the U$D and left a power vacuum in another middle east state when we went in fudged the place up then left it to burn.

NotAllThere
5th November 2015, 09:39
The "Bishop of Baghdad" thinks that war is the only way to stop ISIS.

Canon Andrew White: 'Vicar of Baghdad' on leading a church in Iraq and being in the crosshairs of Isis | People | News | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/canon-andrew-white-vicar-of-baghdad-on-leading-a-church-in-iraq-and-being-in-the-crosshairs-of-isis-a6716616.html)

tomtomagain
5th November 2015, 10:16
+1

The whole region is hell on earth due to our involvement.

That's complete rubbish.

It's not entirely due to our involvement. You cannot pin the the entire set of problems of a region on Western Liberal Democracies.

LondonManc
5th November 2015, 10:25
So getting rid of Assad will help what?

It'll help some but on the other hand it will lead to as big a conflict with ISIS v Putin.

With Assad gone, Haliburton would have to look elsewhere for their next project too.

darmstadt
5th November 2015, 10:53
That's complete rubbish.

It's not entirely due to our involvement. You cannot pin the the entire set of problems of a region on Western Liberal Democracies.

But you can on Western Right Wing Conservative Libertarians :laugh

DodgyAgent
5th November 2015, 11:33
There is a consistency and and honesty about Peter Tatchell that I admire. Unlike most lefties he genuinely believes in his cause and refuses to pander to anyone (including the Russians) in pursuit of his agenda.

MicrosoftBob
5th November 2015, 11:35
There is a consistency and and honesty about Peter Tatchell that I admire. Unlike most lefties he genuinely believes in his cause and refuses to pander to anyone (including the Russians) in pursuit of his agenda.

True whatever you think of his politics, he's not an opportunist

Just a bit naive, e.g. trying to arrest Mugabe was always going to end in a beating

vetran
5th November 2015, 11:43

I suspect if the countries were beacons of democracy & fairness we would leave them alone. We westerners just love to interfere with the basket cases.

Zero Liability
5th November 2015, 12:10

Why would that be? Or are you confusing them with neocons, who have absolutely nothing to do with them?

WTFH
5th November 2015, 12:32
I suspect if the countries were beacons of democracy & fairness we would leave them alone.

...as long as they didn't have something we wanted, like oil.

DodgyAgent
5th November 2015, 12:37
+1

The whole region is hell on earth due to our involvement. We should GTFO of there now and when the dust has settled pay heavy reparations out of Tony Blair's pocket as well as all the arms and oil companies that have made billions out of this horrendous campaign.

Yeah yeah - blah blah blah CBA to go round in the usual circles on this one. Just want it to stop and those behind it all to be brought to account.

The self loathing hypocrite is back. Happy to take all the benefits of privilege that the British system has bestowed upon him :winker:

Jog On
5th November 2015, 13:19
That's complete rubbish.

Iraq, Libya and now Syria (via armed 'moderate rebels') did it all to themselves did they?

How's that Chilcott report coming on?

Jog On
5th November 2015, 13:20
The self loathing hypocrite is back. Happy to take all the benefits of privilege that the British system has bestowed upon him :winker:

yes dear - whatever you say. I'll answer this with the following quote - which I'm in no doubt you have had quoted at you before more than once:

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

I'd rather care about other people than be like you.

Jog On
5th November 2015, 13:29
Er, this year?

Next year?

Er, sometime?

Er, never?

The yanks won't have any of it - most of them think Dubya is a good guy who did the right thing... If Blair gets done for war crimes their whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

DodgyAgent
5th November 2015, 15:04
yes dear - whatever you say. I'll answer this with the following quote - which I'm in no doubt you have had quoted at you before more than once:

I'd rather care about other people than be like you.

So you say