• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snog raped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snog raped

That's a new one on me

A 15-year-old girl was 'snog-raped' by DJ Neil Fox when he forced his tongue into her mouth at a Capital Radio roadshow,
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    That's a new one on me
    its trying to convert a sexual assault into a rape. Disingenious if you ask me.

Difficult to prove I would imagine. Hope its not true.

I'm not sure why an official complaint to his employers wasn't dealt with properly.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I'm not sure why an official complaint to his employers wasn't dealt with properly.
      Capital radio trying to behave like the BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Capital radio trying to behave like the BBC?
        if true both capital & the beeb will be taken to the cleaners and I'll be glad.

Comment

this is where the US 1 in 4 women raped nonsense comes from. Although forcing your tongue down someones throat is clearly somewhere along the route to rape - but those US stats include 'attempted kissing'. I.e. going in for the kiss and she didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            this is where the US 1 in 4 women raped nonsense comes from. Although forcing your tongue down someones throat is clearly somewhere along the route to rape - but those US stats include 'attempted kissing'. I.e. going in for the kiss and she didn't like it.
            People can forcefully try and snog you. Some succeed.

It's sexual assault though not rape.

Rape is clearly defined under the law.

These things happen to men as well.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

indeed it dilutes the impact of rape and allows shorter sentences.

Comment

"I said 'Hi Dr Fox', or 'Hi Foxy, can I have a kiss?'."

Obviously there is quite some difference between words to the effect of "come on Foxy, give us a peck on the cheek" and what allegedly ensued. Wonder what the jury will make of it though.

And Sir Cliff has been in for another chat.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  People can forcefully try and snog you. Some succeed.

It's sexual assault though not rape.

Rape is clearly defined under the law.

These things happen to men as well.
                  Yeah. And I don't really mind lumping forced kissing in with rape that much - it's all down to degrees of the same thing. Although I think punishment should be proportional too.

It's classing unwanted passes as assault too that's nuts. That's like me claiming that the gypsy woman who tries to trick me into paying her for her lucky heather (after she already gave it to me) assaulted me because she made me feel uncomfortable etc.

There are ways of discouraging bad behaviour. But the difference between that and assault is that one warrants forceful retaliation and the other doesn't.

So in hindsight it might sound like I meant something I didn't. I do think a snog-rape is a kind of rape (if it was forceful) for all intent and purpose, although perhaps it's not useful to call it that as you implied already.

Comment

Yeah. And I don't really mind lumping forced kissing in with rape that much - it's all down to degrees of the same thing. Although I think punishment should be proportional too.

It's classing unwanted passes as assault too that's nuts. That's like me claiming that the gypsy woman who tries to trick me into paying her for her lucky heather (after she already gave it to me) assaulted me because she made me feel uncomfortable etc.

There are ways of discouraging bad behaviour. But the difference between that and assault is that one warrants forceful retaliation and the other doesn't.

So in hindsight it might sound like I meant something I didn't. I do think a snog-rape is a kind of rape (if it was forceful) for all intent and purpose, although perhaps it's not useful to call it that as you implied already.
                    In the UK rape is inserting your winky into a hole without her or possibly his consent.

Sticking your tongue into someone's mouth for sexual reasons without their consent is sexual assault. If you did the same with your hand or even big toe its still sexual assault.

they are different and rightly so. Now define consent sensibly in such matters and we are home free, this seems to be the problem.
                    Last edited by vetran; 6 November 2015, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X