• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this someone we know?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this someone we know?

Man on benefits claims there's 'no point' in working because he will earn less | Daily Mail Online

Single man on benefits claims there's 'no point' in working because he will earn less than he does now - and says he can't find a job because he doesn't have a laptop
    John, 54, from Leeds, says changing face of Yorkshire hasn't helped
    Believes he would earn less than he does on benefits if he worked
    Has an allotment but wouldn't want to work in a garden centre
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Give people free tulip, complain when they use it, complain that they should volunteer to earn less rather than receive more, complain about tax, use whatever mechanisms are available to pay as little as possible while receiving the same, complain that corporations don't pay enough tax.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Give people free tulip, complain when they use it, complain that they should volunteer to earn less rather than receive more, complain about tax, use whatever mechanisms are available to pay as little as possible while receiving the same, complain that corporations don't pay enough tax.
      To be fair the guy isn't trying.

There is this "interesting" clip
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dad-of-11 who claims £27k in benefits admits: 'I

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          To be fair the guy isn't trying.

There is this "interesting" clip

This is a good video I saw yesterday about K / R selected species and the rise & fall of empires.

He's the product of us Ks letting the spineless wimpy Rs slip under the radar since our wealth makes the cost less noticeable until things start falling apart.

Being too soft makes you weak, until you;re so weak that the survivors go all K again.

Long-ish video but interesting if there's nothing much else to do.

Comment

He's on every program possible.

I feel sorry for his children more than anything.

There are restaurants and hotels that would employ him if he wasn't so damn lazy.

(I should add I worked in a restaurant as a student and it wasn't nice.)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It should be possible to buy an old laptop for a fiver now.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It should be possible to buy an old laptop for a fiver now.
                you can use them in the Library if you can get them off the gamblers.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X