• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marriage failed 'cuz of not 'waiting in a black negligee with a martini in my hand'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage failed 'cuz of not 'waiting in a black negligee with a martini in my hand'

Lady Astor: My father said my marriage failed because I was not 'waiting in a black negligee with a martini in my hand'

Samantha Cameron's mother, Viscountess Astor, has revealed that her father blamed her for the failure of her first marriage because she was not waiting for her husband to come home whilst dressed in "a black negligee with a martini her hand".

Lady Astor, 67, said that both of her parents were “very tough” with her following the collapse of her relationship with landowner Sir Reginald Sheffield when she was in her mid-twenties, which left her with two children, Samantha, then three, and her sister Emily Sheffield, one.

She was just 21 and he, 23, when they married but she admitted they were not suited and he “went off with a very close friend” of theirs, with whom he remains.

Lady Astor had launched her first business, the eponymous jewellery shop Annabel Jones, in Knightsbridge, at the age of 19 and said the Sheffields “looked down” on her because she was Roman Catholic and disapproved of the fact that she worked.

Source: Lady Astor: My father said my marriage failed because I was not 'waiting in a black negligee with a martini in my hand' - Telegraph

for the honesty!

Working...
X