• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laydeez -register your opinion here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laydeez -register your opinion here

and no man - hating please. That's MF's job

nearly 20 years ago I moved in with mrs EO and we split all the common bills in half. just running costs.
    house insurance
    food
    gas and lekky
    ground rent
    council tax
    water
    TV licence
    sky rental
    phone

and it came to £5200 or £100 per week. So I coughed up 60 pw. The idea being that she was struggling, eventually inflation would catch up, then she would be carrying me for a few years, then we would review the numbers to make it fair once again.

that time has now arrived.
    so what do you reckon ? will I get my @rse burned ?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and no man - hating please. That's MF's job

nearly 20 years ago I moved in with mrs EO and we split all the common bills in half. just running costs.
    house insurance
    food
    gas and lekky
    ground rent
    council tax
    water
    TV licence
    sky rental
    phone

and it came to £5200 or £100 per week. So I coughed up 60 pw. The idea being that she was struggling, eventually inflation would catch up, then she would be carrying me for a few years, then we would review the numbers to make it fair once again.

that time has now arrived.
    so what do you reckon ? will I get my @rse burned ?
    Is she now asking you to pay 80% ?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Is she now asking you to pay 80% ?
      we havn't worked it out yet. we will go for a planning meeting sometime this week.

that's always good for a few ales and a pub lunch.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

we havn't worked it out yet. we will go for a planning meeting sometime this week.

that's always good for a few ales and a pub lunch.
        And FFS £5200 is like spare change dude. You need a meeting for deciding your share?

AYCOTBAC?

Comment

And FFS £5200 is like spare change dude. You need a meeting for deciding your share?

AYCOTBAC?
          Are you thick or what ? Don't you know that I have been studying law for the past two years ?
          I am more aware of rights, obligations and legal matters than you will ever be.
          And Judge judy says that all this stuff should be sorted out on day 1
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

AYCOTBAC?
            actually I love the £5200. I just love the idea of minimising yer costs. Now THATS what being a contractor is all about
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

I give Mrs V more than that as an allowance She works as well.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Are you thick or what ? Don't you know that I have been studying law for the past two years ?
                I am more aware of rights, obligations and legal matters than you will ever be.
                And Judge judy says that all this stuff should be sorted out on day 1
                I see, I thought you were one of us lot

I think you should pay 20% and let the missus deal with the rest

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Guess you have loads of dinners at the OXO.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yep me too. I pay for gifts and holidays, fill the freezer with meat etc

but I am talking fixed costs, obligations. The laydeez will unnerstand
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X