• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linking subsidiaries held under one holding company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking subsidiaries held under one holding company?

Hi Folks,

I'm putting together a small plan for selling stuff on eBay and am wondering about using a company to trade. I have heard horror stories about accounts getting suspended/limited by ebay etc so I would like to use a company instead of my personal account.

My questions pertains to using a holding company to hold all my companies that will trade on eBay. So, imagine I have ltd1 and ltd2 that are owned by Hold1.

Imagine ltd1 get's suspended/limited by eBay. eBay like to find all other accounts that are linked in any way and limit/suspend them too. Is there any way, through companies house etc that eBay can link ltd1 with ltd2 and block that also?

Please note that the actions taken by eBay can be down to a simple misunderstanding/negative feedback from buyers. I am just selling regular goods and absolutely nothing illegal.

Thanks in advance.

I think you are putting a horribly complex plan in place just on some hearsay and fiction. I know many people that trade on eBay and I don't know one that's been banned.

If you don't sell fakes or anything else on the prohibited list I can't see why they will ban you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I think you are putting a horribly complex plan in place just on some hearsay and fiction. I know many people that trade on eBay and I don't know one that's been banned.

If you don't sell fakes or anything else on the prohibited list I can't see why they will ban you.
      WHS

You don't have to have a LTD company to trade on Ebay anyway. You can just set up a trading account.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

doh
        Last edited by vetran; 9 November 2015, 08:56.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          WHS

You don't have to have a LTD company to trade on Ebay anyway. You can just set up a trading account.
          Did you notice that this is the General section?

Comment

imagine ltd1 get's suspended/limited by ebay. Ebay like to find all other accounts that are linked in any way and limit/suspend them too. Is there any way, through companies house etc that ebay can link ltd1 with ltd2 and block that also?
            WGAF

HTH.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X