• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who was it having the planning issues a while back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was it having the planning issues a while back?

Timeline: Farmer's 'hidden castle' battle - BBC News
    A farmer who built a mock-Tudor castle without planning permission has been found in contempt of court after failing to knock it down.
    Robert Fidler, from Salfords, in Surrey, has managed to prevent the destruction of his house since it was revealed in 2006.
    He has received a three-month suspended sentence and has been ordered to knock it down by 6 June 2016.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Oldham council bosses say Wendy house must be pulled down | Daily Mail Online

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-planners.html

So the other end of the country....

Comment

You have to feel for the guy - plenty of people build stuff and then apply for retrospective permission. What he's done is build a brilliant looking house right in the middle of a big farm i.e. it's not to the detrement of anything/anyone.

Meanwhile there's plenty of planning battles going all the way to the Supreme Court, for people who like to drive blinged up vans and trade in metals, who've built scruffy sites in the middle of the countryside..

Is it a case of "you've not demolished it, so here's a 3 month sentence, case closed" or are they gonna be on his back till it is demolished?
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
          You have to feel for the guy - plenty of people build stuff and then apply for retrospective permission. What he's done is build a brilliant looking house right in the middle of a big farm i.e. it's not to the detrement of anything/anyone.

Meanwhile there's plenty of planning battles going all the way to the Supreme Court, for people who like to drive blinged up vans and trade in metals, who've built scruffy sites in the middle of the countryside..

Is it a case of "you've not demolished it, so here's a 3 month sentence, case closed" or are they gonna be on his back till it is demolished?
          He was turned down for planning permission to begin with, so went aead and built it anyway, and deliberately hid it to try and circumvent the planning process. Was caught out and told to demolish itn twice and didn't so now has been convicted of contempt and given untill december to knock it down or go to jail.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You have to feel for the guy - plenty of people build stuff and then apply for retrospective permission. What he's done is build a brilliant looking house right in the middle of a big farm i.e. it's not to the detrement of anything/anyone. ...
            The way things are going it's to the detrement of anyone who in a few years time wants to eat!

I mean I sympathise with the guy a bit. But if everyone was allowed to build on agricultural land there soon wouldn't be a scrap of it left, and God knows there's already only 40% of the amount required for the UK to be self-sufficient in food.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The way things are going it's to the detrement of anyone who in a few years time wants to eat!

I mean I sympathise with the guy a bit. But if everyone was allowed to build on agricultural land there soon wouldn't be a scrap of it left, and God knows there's already only 40% of the amount required for the UK to be self-sufficient in food.
              And building more property might mean an end to the housing Ponzi scheme....

Comment

I wouldn't describe it as brilliant looking. It looks like a pair of balls.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X