• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenager bottled by ex-Countdown champion for giving his book bad review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenager bottled by ex-Countdown champion for giving his book bad review

" A former Countdown champion hunted down and attacked a teenager after she posted a bad review of his book online.

Richard Brittain smashed a bottle of wine into Paige Rolland’s head as she stacked shelves in an Asda supermarket in Glenrothes, Scotland.

He tracked the 18-year-old down online through her social media accounts after reacting badly to her analysis of his self-published title.

Brittain, 28, who was crowned Countdown champion in 2006, travelled 500 miles from his home in Bedford to the Fife town. "

Teenager bottled by ex-Countdown champion for giving his book bad review - Telegraph

But then his book was about a woman he was stalking for years.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

I remember hearing about this on Twitter when it happened, a bit over a year ago. The bloke had also posted dozens of responses to adverse reviews of his book on hitherto-unknown blogs, all of which were screenshot (screenshotted?) and tweeted, and all of which basically came down to him saying "If you don't like my book it's because you're too thick to understand it. My towering intellect is beyond the capacity to understand of puny mortals" and so on, often at inordinate length.

Most bloggers responded to his comments by succinctly refuting his assertions, to which he responded with even greater fury, and so on, with the response threads often travelling far off the right hand side of the page

The reviews on Amazon are pretty good:

"Awful, pompous book written by a pretentious nutbar stalker with delusions of literacy and not a clue in his head. Not many coherent sentences in the book, for that matter; this author loves using big words but hates using them correctly."

"It's like the author romantically snuck into my childhood room while I was sleeping, took the fairy tale books right off of my shelves, and cut them to pieces only to glue them back together into this masterpiece of semi-coherence. Bravo!"

"I wouldn't even download a free version of the book to be perfectly honest with you… he's incredibly stubborn and arrogant if he thinks this kind of material is worth money."

"Amateurish bilge swill with no redeeming features."

Comment

Is he selling lots of copies on the back of this?!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Is he selling lots of copies on the back of this?!
            Well, it worked for Oscar Wilde. No, hang on, that's not right…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Most bloggers responded to his comments by succinctly refuting his assertions, to which he responded with even greater fury, and so on, with the response threads often travelling far off the right hand side of the page
              They'll think twice before commenting on his future new book on Scottish jails, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                They'll think twice before commenting on his future new book on Scottish jails, eh?
                One from the top and five up the bottom?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Amazon review: Has anyone noticed that his lead character in the book is called Ella Tundra. The surname is an anagram as the other lady he stalked 'Ella Durant'. I haven't figured out what the anagram for the other character is: Ronwind Drake. Very weird, but whoever Ronwind Drake is, they need to watch out!!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Amazon review: Has anyone noticed that his lead character in the book is called Ella Tundra. The surname is an anagram as the other lady he stalked 'Ella Durant'. I haven't figured out what the anagram for the other character is: Ronwind Drake. Very weird, but whoever Ronwind Drake is, they need to watch out!!
                    No exact matches but this http://anagram-solver.net/Ronwind%20Drake?partial=true yields these possibilities:

Andrew Dorn
                    Andrew Nori
                    Dan Dworkin
                    Darker Down
                    dinnerward
                    Dirk Worden
                    Don Wandrei
                    innarrowed
                    Konradiner
                    Norddinker
                    Rankin Drew
                    Warren Kidd
                    wonderkind
                    Aid worker
                    aidworker
                    Ake Nordin
                    Andrew Ord
                    Androiden
                    Andronike
                    Ann Dowker
                    arridendo
                    Arrondine
                    Dairenrod
                    Dani Koren
                    Dan Kerwin
                    Dan Worden
                    Dark Noerd
                    Darwinner
                    Dawn Rider
                    Dawnrider
                    Dead Ronin
                    Dekorra, WI
                    Derow, Iran
                    Donde Iran
                    Don Kainer
                    Donna Reid
                    Don Warden
                    Don Warnke
                    Don Warren
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X