• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clean fingernails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean fingernails

I never thought about this when I was young.

But when I got to middle age I used to use this as one way of judging people. If I were dealing with someone who was not working on the land, and they had dirty nails

do not touch with a barge pole
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

But when I got to middle age I used to use this as one way of judging people. If I were dealing with someone who was not working on the land, and they had dirty nails

See HyperD's sig.

Comment

Although, if your bike chain comes off, it takes at least two weeks to get rid of the grime.

My dear old dad, gawd rest his soul, was a leccy on big industrial kit. He always had dirty nails, but I loved him anyway.

Comment

I remember rebuilding the top end of my 1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman's 8.2 litre V8 engine, on the car park on front of our house, no drive no garage, hands covered in engine oil, my bro bought me a couple of Holland's Meat Pies, didn't wash my hands, pies covered in oil after first bite, loverly! Didn't do me any harm, I've no fecking nut allergy or owt....

Love pies with Castrol GTX tho!

Comment

What about car mechanics?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Fred West?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Love pies with Castrol GTX tho!
              Surely R30 or R40, vegetable based plus gives a nice smell later
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Although, if your bike chain comes off, it takes at least two weeks to get rid of the grime.

My dear old dad, gawd rest his soul, was a leccy on big industrial kit. He always had dirty nails, but I loved him anyway.
                Carry a pair of latex gloves with your spare tubes / punture repair kit.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My Dad gave me some advice when I was going to my first interview: "They look at your grooming; that your fingernails are clean and well clipped and you have a nice short haircut". Me being a long haired scruffy yob looked at him like "What?". There I was thinking my ability to write C was what was important.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My nails are electric blue - what does that say about me?
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X