• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contemporary Interior Decor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemporary Interior Decor

Any of you lot a fan of that ghastly garish flock wallpaper that seems de rigeur these days? It normally goes hand in hand with those leatherette clad high backed dining chairs.

I'm currently house hunting & whenever I see any of that I'm out as it's normally a good bet there will be plenty of uPVC to boot

What a way to wreck the feel of a character property.

Any of you lot a fan of that ghastly garish flock wallpaper that seems de rigeur these days? It normally goes hand in hand with those leatherette clad high backed dining chairs.
    Nope, but saw a lot of them during our house search last year (saw almost 50 properties).

Also saw a lot of:
    * Horrible leather sofas (OK they are probably more durable but give me a nice fabric sofa any day)
    * WORDS...EVERYWHERE. Templated words written on the wall (usually some kind of cliche/cheesy inspirational tulip) or BIG WORDS/LETTERS as ornaments.
    * Vases with twigs in (???)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Nope, but saw a lot of them during our house search last year (saw almost 50 properties).

Also saw a lot of:
      * Horrible leather sofas (OK they are probably more durable but give me a nice fabric sofa any day)
      * WORDS...EVERYWHERE. Templated words written on the wall (usually some kind of cliche/cheesy inspirational tulip) or BIG WORDS/LETTERS as ornaments.
      * Vases with twigs in (???)
      ..and those huge family photo portraits on canvas that often dominate a particular room.

Comment

I like the high-backed chairs but with you otherwise.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          ..and those huge family photo portraits on canvas that often dominate a particular room.
          Yes! I love my family and there's nothing wrong with lots of photos but a huge canvas print of your family just screams tacky to me. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

CUK's very own versions of Colin and Justin
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              a huge canvas print of your family just screams tacky to me. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
              How about a huge nude portrait of yourself above the fireplace?

I never saw it but apparently a former colleague of mine had such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                How about a huge nude portrait of yourself above the fireplace?

I never saw it but apparently a former colleague of mine had such a thing.

FLC would need a triptych
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Over what used to be my fireplace, I commissioned a local artist to paint a mural.

It's a nude couple stood on the shore of an alien ocean, hand in hand with their backs to the viewer gazing at the binary star system that dominates the heavens of their world.

It's a great conversation piece and, I have to say, very rock and roll!

Comment

What is wrong with leather sofas?

I can piss myself every night after my bottle of vodka and in the morning just give it a quick wipe down with a soapy cloth.

Comment

Working...
                    X