• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being told to take time off over Christmas and New Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being told to take time off over Christmas and New Year

Can I whine, moan and b1tch about this publicly while secretly being pleased?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Only if we can publicly belittle you and call you a

So go right ahead, you've earned it
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Go for it.

I'm being asked to go on support, but there no chance of that happening

Comment

Yes.

Its actually good for IR35.

A friend of mine said it was a prime factor that won him his investigation, or so he was told.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Only if we can publicly belittle you and call you a
          I thought you did already?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Go for it.

I'm being asked to go on support, but there no chance of that happening
            I am on support. Which basically means working as and when 24/7. The good news is that during the "lockdown" my account is locked!

My boss recently asked me to put my mobile phone in the corporate phone book. HR went ballistic! We have people from CapGem and TCS - they can put in their mobile phones. For some reason direct contractors it is different.

HR sent my boss an email telling him I was to be kept to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. He is ignoring it.

And my boss is just paying £120 for a corporate blackberry on the off chance I will be called. Plus god knows how much a month. Guess how long before that gets thrown at a car driver who tries to cut me up on the cycle home....

Comment

Yes, I've been told by my wife that I have to take time off between Christmas and the New Year.

moan moan moan ... That means spending time with the Mother In Law.

I'm not secretly pleased.

Instead I am going to organise some important conference calls each morning before the pub opens.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Support!

Snigger.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Yes, I've been told by my wife that I have to take time off between Christmas and the New Year.

moan moan moan ... That means spending time with the Mother In Law.

I'm not secretly pleased.

Instead I am going to organise some important conference calls each morning before the pub opens.
                  Mrs BP wants me to spend more time with the mother-out-law. She died in Feb...

Taxi for Scourer...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Support!

Snigger.
                    At least I am honest. Maybe I should pretend to be a jet setter?

Comment

Working...
                    X