• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SDC proposals leaked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDC proposals leaked?

Looks like it really is the end of the world as we know it....

APSCo blasts

One of the main recommendations that came out of the Select Committee was that HMRC should liaise more closely with the IR35 Forum to ensure that proper engagement with business and relevant stakeholders was taking place before any decisions were made.

What is this IR35 forum?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      One of the main recommendations that came out of the Select Committee was that HMRC should liaise more closely with the IR35 Forum to ensure that proper engagement with business and relevant stakeholders was taking place before any decisions were made.

What is this IR35 forum?
      a forum that talks abou IR35?

Comment

This is most worrying: https://lnkd.in/e4SviKa

A letter from David Gauke has been seen saying they've already made up their minds? Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick but it's hugely worrying me

Comment

Why is all this being posted in General all of a sudden. Why not the Future of Contracting thread? All we seem to get over there are some crappy KUATB a day later
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If I have to go back to permie land, I will be paying less tax to HMRC even with the employer contribution, as the salaries are lower, and top draw for me would be £70k. That would be less tax for HMRC. I will also no longer be supporting other local businesses like accountants, insurance, etc.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Well I just didn't know where to post it - then again, if this stuff is true - there is no future in contracting!

(I do like to over react)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                Well I just didn't know where to post it - then again, if this stuff is true - there is no future in contracting!

(I do like to over react)
                Well worse case scenario is plan B. I'm not going back perime, thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

What is this IR35 forum?
                  https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/ir35-forum
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Those purveying doom-laden stories are usually the same ones who want to sell you insurance against it.

The OP link points to atlantic-umbrella, who are purveying a misery monologue about tax. Clicking another tab on their front page reveals a full range of insurance products available to you, dear buyer, for a payment of merely...

Comment

Working...
                    X