• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VR Headsets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR Headsets

A mate posted a link on FB the other day to these VR google things and I was intrigued as I'd not heard of them before but having had a look and a search on eBay I thought for ~£15 I'd take a punt. They arrived today and I've got to be honest its pretty damn cool.

Essentially it's a plastic version of google cardboard, which allows you to use your smartphone to watch immersive 3d films & games

I tested it with a downloaded 3D copy of Avengers: Age of Ultron and it was very good indeed!

You can even play games using a little bluetooth controller which you can buy with it.

There's loads of demo videos on YouTube and I was honestly surprised how good and immersive it was.

Granted you look a bit of a plank sat there with it on but its definitely worth a punt if you like gadgets or if you've got kids. My 2 kids thought it was amazing and I couldn't get it off them so might be a good cheap Xmas present/stocking filler.

And before anyone asks I've ben reliably informed that yes you can get PRON films in 3D format

Anyone else got one or similar?

I'm waiting for the oculus vr headset in 2016. May have to upgrade my graphics card though.

Comment

Working...
    X