• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying permies - part 287

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying permies - part 287

Regretably my gig is on a bleeding edge project - which attracts the numpties.

They have a follow the sun model.

Most are very annoying. But there is one particular guy who wins the biggest twunt award. I got an email from him late last night.

"All NA tasks completed. NA team rocks".

I am not sure if to :-
    1. fly over and punch him
    2. reply with "don't be such a twunt"
    3. reply with "agreed. NA team are like totally awesome"
    4. spend time with my kids where I get more grown up behaviour
    5. ask Suity
    6. carry on invoicing
    7. carry on invoicing and look for another job
    8. Ask Dallas when I meet her for lunch on Monday(and be made to cry, followed by being told the answer is obvious and I should know it already).
    9. All the above.

As this is general, humiliation is expected. I am looking for that one post in 10 that will help.

Invoice and smile

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
      Invoice and smile
      And tell them your last invoice would pay for their entire team for the month
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I don't get it. How is that annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          I don't get it. How is that annoying.
          AndyW - is that you?

Comment

Tell him to zip it....

Comment

I am looking for that one post in 10 that will help.
              Just join in with the "team rocking": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXHmWXPwol0
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Most are very annoying. But there is one particular guy who wins the biggest twunt award. I got an email from him late last night.

Why didn't you reply All so the entire organisation knows with your writing in caps in the form of -

"WELL DONE NA TEAM! SO GLAD YOU COULD COMPLETE YOUR TASKS ON TIME! YOU GUYS ARE SO EXIMIOUS*!!!!!"

* Other words for great/awesome can be easily googled even if your spell checker thinks it should be noxious
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Never ever try to deal with a kn0b.
                  If he is truly a kn0b, others will deal with him, and you can keep yer 'ead down and carry on working.
                  If he is not truly a kn0b, then you avoid embarrassing yourself.
                  If it is you that is the kn0b, you will not only avoid embarrassment but you will be well placed to avoid any escalation and to learn a lesson.

the one exception is if the kn0b is affecting your money or your mental health. In which case a kick in the nuts is allowed under the Geneva convention
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I am not sure if to :-
                    1. fly over and punch him
                    2. reply with "don't be such a twunt"
                    3. reply with "agreed. NA team are like totally awesome"
                    4. spend time with my kids where I get more grown up behaviour
                    5. ask Suity
                    6. carry on invoicing
                    7. carry on invoicing and look for another job
                    8. Ask Dallas when I meet her for lunch on Monday(and be made to cry, followed by being told the answer is obvious and I should know it already).
                    9. All the above.

As this is general, humiliation is expected. I am looking for that one post in 10 that will help.
                    Option 3, obviously. Twunts don't understand sarcasm.

Comment

Working...
                    X