• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Considering Permie Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering Permie Work

Ok I have never had a permie role. I have been contacted by a pimp looking for PM roles paying £45k plus benefits - commutable from home. Should I sell my contractor sole?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Should I sell my contractor sole?
    Not the Jimmy Choo shoes!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Only if you can appoint contractors in your projects?
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

soul
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

do it... get rid of the competition i say....
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Ok I have never had a permie role. I have been contacted by a pimp looking for PM roles paying £45k plus benefits - commutable from home. Should I sell my contractor sole?
            I actually think lemon sole is tastier than dover sole, and it is much cheaper [not that that matters to a high-living contractor such as myself].

Comment

Ok Ok enough of the typo thingy. Should I plump for permiedom? I have never worked as a permie. Looking at the tax calculators, after fat Gordon has taken his cut, £45k is not that much is it!

Then they are including a car which means that the fat controller will get even more of what's left!

I thought £45k sounded ok but seriously having second thoughts after looking at the cash after tax!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tony, £45k is jack all. I would not even consider it unless you are living in lo-cost Scumville and your commute will be a 5 minute walk to work. Tube drivers earn that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Tony, £45k is jack all. I would not even consider it unless you are living in lo-cost Scumville and your commute will be a 5 minute walk to work. Tube drivers earn that much.
                  It is jack all. But if, say, you get 550€ a day in Europe, so have to commute weekly at a cost of 150€/d average, and every year have 2 wks enforced public hols + 2 wks holiday + 2 times 2 weeks looking for contracts, then you're not really better off and you're away all the time.

Comment

Then they are including a car which means that the fat controller will get even more of what's left!
                    If it is close then use your car and tell them to give you cash allowance for car to be part of wage.

Don't think it is a question of money (at least for me) - being a permie requires special frame of mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X