• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract - "Compliance questions"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contract - "Compliance questions"

Been out of the contracting world for a few years and now back from the dark side.

I have an a Starter form to fill in for the agency for a new contract, just wanted to know how much of this info is required by law and how much is just crap.

Here is the list of 7 questions they "want" me to answer:

a)* Contractors Home Address:
    b)* Contractors National Insurance Number:

*Required for compliance with HMRC reporting obligations

1) Are you the sole company director?
    2) Are you a shareholder in the company?
    3) Do you decide what payments are received by you from the company?
    4) How are these payments made up (salary, dividends etc)?
    5) Do you hold professional insurances? If yes, what is the value of the professional indemnity element?

A) and B) are normal and expected

1,2&5 are ok and also expected

3 & 4 are not really their concern, although these actually public record on your company accounts lodged at companies house.

I wouldn't think there is any issue with this information, but i would query why they need it.
    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

This has been asked so many times we started a nice shiny sticky about it in this part of the forum!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...uirements.html

Agents don't fully understand what is required so you may get some odd spins on some of the questions but they are all trying to do the same thing.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

The way the questions were separated appeared to indicate a) and b) were mandatory whilst the next five 'optional'..

I'll have a read of the link and see what I need to provide.

Comment

Working...
        X