• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meanwhile in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile in Scotland

Couple 'attacked by mob' as they closed their takeaway shop | Edinburgh & East | News

A Scots couple have been violently assaulted by a gang outside their takeaway in Fife.

Mohammed Khalid and his wife run the Caspian Fast Food outlet on Wellesley Road in Methil.

They were set upon by a group of around 15 people in the early hours of Sunday as they closed up.

Mr Khalid, 53, required hospital treatment for a serious injury to his eye and his wife suffered minor injuries as she tried to help him.

The couple claim the men involved in the attack repeatedly cited the Paris terrorist incidents, Islamic State (IS), terrorism and subjected them to racist abuse.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Nice, all we need
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I remember being on the bus a few weeks after the London 7/7 bombings and this Asian lady started fumbling noisily with her backpack. I sat there thinking "Would it be bad form at this juncture for me to leg it off the bus just on the off chance?".

But I suppose at least I stopped short of joining a marauding pack of buckfast-fueled pillocks.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        And so it begins.

Following 911, the morons were assaulting Sikhs.
        This time they are just photoshopping them.

Sikh guy's selfie was photoshopped to make him look like Paris bomber | Metro News
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          And so it begins.

Following 911, the morons were assaulting Sikhs.
          During the 1982 South Atlantic skirmish some nutters went on the rampage in Falkirk.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

And here was me thinking presumption of innocence was part of our legal system.

Still, it's Methil.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              During the 1982 South Atlantic skirmish some nutters went on the rampage in Falkirk.

Bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                I can remember the whole class recreating the Raid on Pebble Island in the playground. I.e. a big fight.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Doesn't worse happen all the time to any English in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    And here was me thinking presumption of innocence was part of our legal system.

Still, it's Methil.
                    Don't be so PC. Anyone with any sense can tell these foreigners are up to something just by looking at them.

</sarcasm>
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X