• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE QE everywhere but not a drop to drink

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QE QE everywhere but not a drop to drink

The multi-trillion dollar liquidity problem at the heart of the global financial system - Telegraph

Maybe they could try to get some of the money out of the offshore tax havens?

I bet those 'experts' on CUK who stated that QE would lead to runaway inflation are feeling pretty daft.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I bet those 'experts' on CUK who stated that QE would lead to runaway inflation are feeling pretty daft.
      Certainly not for Japan!
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I did foresee that all the money would go into offshore accounts. Fair cop guv.

Comment

It did - look at the fooking house prices!!!

Comment

No worse than the 'experts' in control of the banking system, such as Yellen, who still thought the housing market was peachy before it came crashing down. The reason these predictions (regarding QE) did not materialise is because, although the Fed does control risk-free dollar borrowing rates, this money is no longer contained within the US and has flown to Asia mostly through carry trades, inflating bubbles in those economies that are very susceptible to "hot money" floes.

I would not anticipate hyper-inflation except as a deliberate attempt to reverse a deflationary crash.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yeah, it primarily transmitted through to assets. And apparently has encouraged a flurry of stock buybacks.

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Certainly not for Japan!
            Japan is simply stuck on stupid.

Last edited by Zero Liability; 17 November 2015, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Unless house-prices start doubling every month, we haven't achieved runaway inflation
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X