• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts are like buses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts are like buses

So two weeks ago I had no contract having been told by client that the end was nigh. Two weeks of speaking to agents, getting fed the usual crap, and slowly resigning myself to a few weeks off before xmas at the very least.

Monday, client has change of heart and asks me if I want to stay for 2 months minimum (3 month extension). Yesterday morning I get a request for an interview for two other gigs (one local crap money, one slightly more same distance).

Since current client has not finalised the extension yet, current plan is to attend both these interviews on a 'just in case' basis. Good plan?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

You've mentioned this change of heart in a like 5 threads. People might have been vaguely interested first time. It's the same cycle. Everytime you come to the end of a gig you start posting absolute trash again. Is it such a worry you need big wooly hugs to get you through the day?

Why don't you just keep you head down and go get another gig or get this one signed and then a quick boomed post like everyone else??

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Since current client has not finalised the extension yet, current plan is to attend both these interviews on a 'just in case' basis. Good plan?
    Idiot...
    Last edited by northernladuk; 18 November 2015, 09:09.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK - it is a bit entertaining that you get so wound up about things....
      Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        NLUK - it is a bit entertaining that you get so wound up about things....
        Sorry
        Its not very entertaining that when you need to be a contractor you fail miserably.

We've mention looking until you are sat at the client so many times and you've posted in many threads where it is mentioned.

You are just looking for attention for some reason.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 18 November 2015, 09:10.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Sorry Barry. Can't be arsed to argue with him this time.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Its not very entertaining that when you need to be a contractor you fail miserably.

We've mention looking until you are sat at the client so many times and you've posted in many threads where it is mentioned.

You are just looking for attention for some reason.
              True it's the equivalent of annoying twats posting enigmatic 'why do bad things happen to good people' statuses on social media, promoting a wave of 'what's wrong hun' responses from other twats... very tiresome.

Comment

He is just massively insecure and needs propping up by anons on a **** board.
                Last edited by administrator; 18 November 2015, 10:01. Reason: I really don't like that word :(

Comment

Contracts are like buses...
                  You mean big and sometimes flexible in the middle?
                  Or that if you get the wrong one, you'll regret ending up not where you wanted to be?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Or that if you get the wrong one, you'll regret ending up not where you wanted to be?
                    Those Germans that hired Suity to help with their vehicle emissions tests found that out

Comment

Working...
                    X