• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 month contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 month contract

Everyone I guess has been there. Go to interview they tell you 3 month contract but it'll be 3-6 month max then you're there for a year.

Been a current gig for a year. They canned me the other week but have now had a change of heart and I've got another 3 months on a different project.

Got an interview for an alternative gig. Slightly money - not much (£10 after extra train fare). But its 4 months which seems a strange duration?

Of course, could be 4 months up until end financial year. Then whatever. Or couild be only budget for 4 months and thats it. You never know I guess in these circumstances and things change from week to week as I found out.

What would guesses be for why its a 4 monther?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

No idea, but my current contract started as a 2 monther then another 2 months then additional 6 months.

I could make the year, but the rate is a tad low and there seem to be a few things on the horizon paying better.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Seriously. What kind of question is this. This forum always goes to pot when your gigs come to an end. It could be 4 months for many reasons it it's just utter guess work. Go to general if you are gonna splurge this crap all day again..

Your reasons could be...
      Project is 4 months long
      Work is going to take 4 months
      They have 4 months budget
      Starts in Dec but want to bring in to line with quarter so 3+1.
      And so on and so....

Actually... Brillo was a say General is a bit quiet. I'll ask if they can move this.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 18 November 2015, 09:06.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No-one (I hope) is holding you down, tying you to a chair, and forcing you at gunpoint to read this. Can I suggest you just ignore it and stop taking it so personally that its YOUR forum that you feel the need to clear up. You are not the person in the avatar charged with clearing up ContractorUK.

Talking about general - if you want to through your weight around, can I suggest you go there to do it.

Comment

When you get to an interview and upon entering the building you encountered two security personnel behind the desk please post it on here so we can guess which one you spoke to. The left or the right.

Comment

Ah but which door did I enter the building through - you forgot about that.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Ah but which door did I enter the building through - you forgot about that.
              Hopefully which ever someone opened for you else you might have missed your interview.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Actually... Brillo was a say General is a bit quiet. I'll ask if they can move this.
                I was looking for fresh meat. And PC is a fellow Welshie. Can we have some non-Welsh fresh meat please?

I am sure it is budget.

Next time it will probably be 6 or 12 months.

Anyway - have a

Comment

Hardly a weighty question of great significance to anyone. Seems just idle curiosity. So General is the best place for it.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Hopefully which ever someone opened for you else you might have missed your interview.....
                    Ah so you have a sense of humour after all!

Comment

Working...
                    X