• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Jonah Lomu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Jonah Lomu

Very sad news. The guy was a legend. I think I'm going to have to spend the rest of the morning on YouTube watching him running over/through opponents wingers for fun.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Very sad news. The guy was a legend. I think I'm going to have to spend the rest of the morning on YouTube watching him running over/through opponents wingers for fun.
    On the bench are we?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      He was astounding in his day and the start of the trend towards much bigger, more physical players. These days he'd not look out of place in any of the major teams.

Way too young to be gone though.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        On the bench are we?
        Tw@t

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          He was astounding in his day and the start of the trend towards much bigger, more physical players. These days he'd not look out of place in any of the major teams.

Way too young to be gone though.
          WDS.

Definitely changed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            Tw@t
            WDS+1

Dug out some old quotes from when he first appeared.

"I've seen a lot people like him, but they weren't playing on the wing." - Colin Meads (1995)
            "There's no doubt about it, he's a big bastard." - Gavin Hastings (1995)
            “He is a freak and the sooner he goes away the better” - Will Carling (1995)
            Last edited by DaveB; 18 November 2015, 10:03.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My (false) memory of the 1995 World Cup is of Lomu incessantly rumbling over the tryline while half the Japanese side clung onto him. Yet Wikipedia indicates he didn't even play in that game.

It didn't seem fair, somehow, watching games where his opposite number would be desperately trying to tackle him - like a flyweight trying to outbox a heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                My (false) memory of the 1995 World Cup is of Lomu incessantly rumbling over the tryline while half the Japanese side clung onto him. Yet Wikipedia indicates he didn't even play in that game.

It didn't seem fair, somehow, watching games where his opposite number would be desperately trying to tackle him - like a flyweight trying to outbox a heavyweight.

...that was the England team, not the Japanese.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

NZ v England. Lomu goes past a few people, got Mike Catt the full-back to beat.

I'm sitting in a bar in Menorca (I think) on my own with loads of English people. I shout "Go through him". And Jonah does. Luverly....

I wasn't popular for cheering.

Awesome player. Very sad.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    WDS+1

“He is a freak and the sooner he goes away the better” - Will Carling (1995)
                    Dug out some old quotes from when he first appeared.

Jeepers. If in doubt, don't upset Will Carling!
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X