• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitbit/MS Band - just what is the point?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitbit/MS Band - just what is the point?

I must admit I find it hard to see what the point of having a band on your wrist connected to the phone in your pocket.

Yes, it can heart rate etc but so what. Not quite sure if I'd ever want to see my emails, incoming calls etc on a tiny screen on my wrist when I can just take my phone out of my pocket.

Or am I missing something?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

The fact there isn't just you and some items are designed with functionality that people want even if you don't get it?
    The fact people pay money stupid money for stuff that's 'cool' but really clutter their life up rather than enhance it?
    A log off button?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 18 November 2015, 12:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      I must admit I find it hard to see what the point of having a band on your wrist connected to the phone in your pocket.

Yes, it can heart rate etc but so what. Not quite sure if I'd ever want to see my emails, incoming calls etc on a tiny screen on my wrist when I can just take my phone out of my pocket.

Yes, Fitbit, at least the one my missus has, doesn't do phone or emails
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have a friend who is a thalidomide. He can't reach the phone in his pocket.

Comment

You can turn the step counter on and see how much of a w****r you are
          Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
            I thought you didn't earn that title until you post it to Facebook every day and your friends count goes down faster than the missus on a busy day.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
              I have a friend who is a thalidomide. He can't reach the phone in his pocket.
              How did it get there then?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                But got than on my Galaxy S5 anyway if I so desire.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  How did it get there then?
                  Good point. He's a very resourceful character. Tore his achilles once and had to have the handles on a pair of wooden crutches repositioned higher up so he could stick his stumps in.

Comment

Use my Fitbit all the time, gps for running and in competition with friends on our step count.

It's an eye opener to see how little I do sitting behind a desk. My one also tells the time, trading it in tho for the ms band.

Comment

Working...
                    X