• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ELO - Uk tour 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELO - Uk tour 2016

Have secured 2 tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO at the NEC (Gentry Arena) this coming April.

What a legend!

I'm to young to have attended the Wembley spaceship show.
    Jeff is now 67 years young, this could be his last few gigs!
    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Nice one.

Saw him at R2FIAD last year. Great show.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
      Have secured 2 tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO at the NEC (Gentry Arena) this coming April.

What a legend!

I'm to young to have attended the Wembley spaceship show.
      Jeff is now 67 years young, this could be his last few gigs!

I've got a ticket to that as well.

I've also got connections in the business - can get you backstage to meet Violinski

Don't suppose you could offer me a lift? Not sure my old Puch Maxi will make it that far
      Last edited by Martin Scroatman; 20 November 2015, 14:54.

Comment

ELO

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        I've got a ticket to that as well.

I've also got connections in the business - can get you backstage to meet Violinski

Don't suppose you could offer me a lift? Not sure my old Puch Maxi will make it that far
        Violinski might be in the audience, but has not played alongside Jeff for more than 20 years.

You might be better off on the old PM, as my clapped out old SAAB 9-5 might be a bit risky too......

Was watching a few old Travelling Wilbury videos late last night, what a brilliant group they were
        “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

They were the first band I saw in iirc 1975 (at the manchester Apollo, fab show, mick kaminski was brilliant)

Comment

Was watching a few old Travelling Wilbury videos late last night, what a brilliant group they were
            There were a few "supergroups" around that time.

I always really enjoyed the group that Mark Knopfler put together, The Notting Hillbillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              They were the first band I saw in iirc 1975 (at the manchester Apollo, fab show, mick kaminski was brilliant)
              Cripes - that was before Out Of The Blue!

Was Roy Wood still with them then?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
                Cripes - that was before Out Of The Blue!

Was Roy Wood still with them then?
                No he'd already left. I think they were promoting "face the music", which I still think is a brilliant album.

Comment

Roy of the Brum

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  No he'd already left. I think they were promoting "face the music", which I still think is a brilliant album.
                  I think Roy had sung 'I wish it could be Christmas everyday' shortly after leaving ELO. Will that song ever fade away....
                  Still remember as a nipper that it was topped by Slade's immortal Christmas song in the singles chart of the same year.

Comment

I think Roy had sung 'I wish it could be Christmas everyday' shortly after leaving ELO. Will that song ever fade away....
                    Still remember as a nipper that it was topped by Slade's immortal Christmas song in the singles chart of the same year.
                    Of course, and not everyone knows this but Roy and Jeff were both members of The Move.

A band whose claim to fame was being the first act to have a song aired on Radio 1 with Flowers in the Rain.

This thread's gonna run and run !

Comment

Working...
                    X