• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And the good news is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the good news is

the scrote is dead.

As identified by his fingerprints.

Paris attacks: 'Ringleader' Abdelhamid Abaaoud killed in raid - BBC News

Let's hope he suffered.

KUATB

Did they not even attempt to take him alive? Sounds more like a revenge attack.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      KUATB

Did they not even attempt to take him alive? Sounds more like a revenge attack.
      Yes, because when entering a flat full of armed people, and when one person has already set off a suicide belt you should just walk up to another and ask them to kindly slip some bracelets on, saying "don't worry, they won't even chafe you".

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
        Yes, because when entering a flat full of armed people, and when one person has already set off a suicide belt you should just walk up to another and ask them to kindly slip some bracelets on, saying "don't worry, they won't even chafe you".
        Did the raid go wrong, or was this was their intention from the start, was what I was getting at. Because armed people get taken down without loss of life all the time, it's what SWAT teams train for... sounds like the element of surprise was lost and it descended into a fire-fight.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Did the raid go wrong, or was this was their intention from the start, was what I was getting at. Because armed people get taken down without loss of life all the time, it's what SWAT teams train for... sounds like the element of surprise was lost and it descended into a fire-fight.
          No it's not. SWAT teams train to end situations. When people are willing to surrender it's possible to do so without deaths.
          They don't train to shoot guns out of peoples hands, disable explosives from 30 feet away, etc.
          Considering that these terrorists are willing to walk into a crowd and blow themselves up when not threatened with capture, what makes you suppose they'd think twice about fighting to the death?

I'm sure the French would have actually preferred to have captured this guy alive anyway, simply for the chance to try to get intelligence out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
            No it's not. SWAT teams train to end situations. When people are willing to surrender it's possible to do so without deaths.
            They don't train to shoot guns out of peoples hands, disable explosives from 30 feet away, etc.
            Considering that these terrorists are willing to walk into a crowd and blow themselves up when not threatened with capture, what makes you suppose they'd think twice about fighting to the death?
            Indeed. Hence they use flash-bangs and surprise and intelligence, so the targets don't even get the chance to decide whether to come quietly or not. Avoiding a fight is the best way to win.

It seems to suggest they knew the raid was coming, although I suppose they might have had someone on "suicide watch" 24/7 ready to blow the moment anyone opened the door.

Comment

The trouble with capturing them alive is what the hell you do with them then? It's much easier to kill them and be done with it rather than spend millions on trials and incarceration of someone who would be seen as a hero to the rest of the Jihadis.

If he was alive, how many hostages would be taken to try and force a prisoner swap?

As for getting useful intelligence out of him, I think that would be pretty unlikely.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                No?

Really.

Well I suppose with 5000 rounds expended & suicide vests going off left right & centre, trying to shoot to disable was out of the question.
                5000 rounds ?

they wont be burying him, they'll be recycling him
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  The trouble with capturing them alive is what the hell you do with them then? It's much easier to kill them and be done with it rather than spend millions on trials and incarceration of someone who would be seen as a hero to the rest of the Jihadis.

If he was alive, how many hostages would be taken to try and force a prisoner swap?

As for getting useful intelligence out of him, I think that would be pretty unlikely.
                  Instead they have another martyr they can heap praise on. I'm sure the French would have preferred to humiliate him in court, rake over his life to paint him as a sexually inadequate, repressed loner - get the message out that aspiring to be like him is aspiring to be a loser. Now you have the sort of person who is willing to kill themselves to harm others being able to look and admire how he went out in a hail of bullets.

I agree, getting useful info from him would be very unlikely. But there would be a greater chance of that with him alive than dead, even if it is marginal.

All that said, I certainly won't be shedding a tear that he's shuffled off the coil. Hopefully he suffered a little, and didn't die instantly.

Comment

Intending to kill the guy - which is what I was wondering - brings us down to their level for one thing. For another, he has not been proved guilty he was only the suspected ring-leader. Finally, you'd expect he'd have a lot of useful intel to aid the "war on terror".

Comment

Working...
                    X