• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

T&S changes - company car/van

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T&S changes - company car/van

If the new T&S changes come in, will it change the playing field for a company vehicle?

Accountant has always advised me to claim the 45ppm for business travel. If I can't do that, it might be worth buying a Double Cab or Van, paying the BIK for vehicle and free fuel and then every journey has tax advantages???

It's not free fuel...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So a van is a work vehicle.

And a VW camper van is a van.

And you can fit a 911 6 cylinder in a T1/T3...

http://youtu.be/EWLFGPl1Kdk
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The search below has a couple of threads where company vehicles after T&S have been discussed. Might find something useful there

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...ntractoruk.com

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's not free fuel...
          HMRC define it as free fuel, i appreciate it is not free. Just means private mileage included.

Comment

Double Cab is no longer classed as a van.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Double Cab is no longer classed as a van.
              Since when? More details with source please.

Comment

Google or your Accountant is your friend here. This is not new.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Chutley View Post
                  Since when? More details with source please.
                  Not hard to put a few seconds in and find out.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim23150.htm
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 21 November 2015, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why don't you put a modicum of effort in and try and find it yourself?

EIM23150 - Car benefit: double cab pick ups
                    Northernladuk. Wow, you really are unfriendly.

The link does not state that Double Cabs are no longer vans. It says it depends on a number of factors. However, crucially it does state that:

"Under this measure, a double cab pick-up that has a payload of 1 tonne (1,000kg) or more is accepted as a van for benefits purposes"

Pretty clear to me that a Double Cab can still be classed as a van - which I already knew.

So unsubstantiated one-liners that "a double cab is no longer a van" are unhelpful, inaccurate and just plainly antagonistic.

But I won't bring myself down to the same level - I think the majority of people on here are actually genuinely helpful and friendly.

Comment

Working...
                    X