• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a c**p day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a c**p day

Great day.... Bus was 10 minutes late. took its time getting to the train station..I missed my train by 2 minutes. The following one was delayed 25 minutes. I arrive at client after a 2 hour commute.

On the way home..chaos. The thunderstorms and lightening have taken out some signals. The departure screens are not working you have no idea what train is going where. The trains are leaving 15 minutes late - if they leave at all.

I can't wait until it snows..it will be real havoc then!
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I missed my train by 2 minutes.
    More likely 2.5 minutes because train doors normally get closed 30 secs before departure.

Comment

Bus? Pauper!
      Train? Prole!
      Client? Employee!

Stop moaning and wait for pay day!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Little sympathy wouldn't go amiss, MF.

Although I know you've had a rubbish week too so I won't be too harsh on you...

Me - I had the 1st class carriage to myself tonight - Virgin put on a double train (unheard of; is there a contract renewal taking place soon??).

Had to get my own coffee tho' (pre-paid - nothing's free).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          More likely 2.5 minutes because train doors normally get closed 30 secs before departure.
          I missed my train home by about 30 seconds. Just got to the platform as the doors closed.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You are lucky they actually opened. Scotrail have been known to announce platform changes as the train was 'leaving'. I guess that's one way of covering up the fact it broke down / it was uneconomic to run with the number of passengers.

GNER used to do that - you'd buy a ticket, pay full price for a train journey, then they would direct you to a hired coach that took two hours longer to get there, when you could have gone by National Express for about a tenner.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Ha. I drive. About 11 miles a day.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I need to put my life in to perspective

I was annoyed by the fact that my normal 10 minute journey to site on the DLR took 15 minutes this morning due to signalling problems in the Limehouse area.

Compared to others on here I should really should not have been so upset.

Comment

My train last Friday got broken down and delayed by 3.5 hours arriving just after midnight - they paid for taxi home and I sent back ticket for refund. Beats having problems on an airplane so I am not complaining!

Comment

Working...
                  X