• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment 14/15 Dividend declaration.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment 14/15 Dividend declaration.

Hi All,

Ive gotten myself confused when filling out the SA for 2014/15.

I took one dividend out of my limited company this year but I am confused as to which section to enter the details in. The section i find theses details are below :-

---------------
    3. Tailor your return
    Did you receive any dividends, for example, UK companies, authorised unit trusts, open-ended investment companies, foreign companies (up to £300)?
    ---------------

Do I answer YES to this and enter the details in the dividend section that appears? OR do I enter is in the Any other information part in section 4...

---------------
    4. Fill in your return
    If you provided your services through a service company (a company which provides your personal services to third parties), enter the total of the dividends (including the tax credit) and salary (before tax was taken off) you withdrew from the company in the tax year:
    ---------------

Sorry...little confused here... I assume its the latter as I have my own Ltd company from which the dividend came from (and it was over £300) but just wanted to check if you guys could assist with some information/guidance.

thx

"Tax shouldn't be taxing" LOL

It isn't if you get yourself and accountant.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In short, it's likely to need to go in both boxes.

Section 3 - shown as dividend income in the tax year.

And then if you had any income, from a company where you personally provided your services, the gross income goes in the 'service company' box.

However if you have an accountant. I'd get them to check this before you hit the 'submit' button.

Comment

Working...
      X