• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Whining Cater Allen Soliloquy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Whining Cater Allen Soliloquy

Nine months into my contract and suddenly my invoice payments are getting bounced.

Initially I suspected foul play by my agency but they insisted that they were using the same framework payment instruction they'd set up nine months ago and that in fact CA were bouncing the payments.

CA insisted that nothing had changed in their processes and that the payments were bounced because the agency were not supplying a bank account in the payment instructions.

Sigh.

Then last week I had a phone call from CA. Another payment had arrived minus a bank account but as they knew it was meant for me they were prepared to honour it. The chap who rang me sounded like an uneducated oik, but that was ok given the reason for his call.

Having put the phone down he rang me straight back, but asking for a different customer. I explained he had the wrong number, he apologised and hung up. My phone immediately rang again. Same guy asking for the same customer who still wasn't me. He again apologised and hung up.

So it probably shouldn't come as a big surprise that the missing payment has not been credited to my account. I just rang them and it's still in the holding account and they're going to investigate. Christ.

Ouch!

Why do people still go to CA? I went to Lloyds. Where I have my personal account. I get 18 months free banking. And so far, apart from issues getting the account setup, they have been perfect.

These days it is impossible to get new accounts setup. As we are all terrorists now.....

Comment

When I started I opened a business account with NatWest. I got 2 years free banking then a monthly fee that is so small I can't remember what it is. I've never had any problems and things are done immediately, such as transfers and payments.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        When I started I opened a business account with NatWest. I got 2 years free banking then a monthly fee that is so small I can't remember what it is. I've never had any problems and things are done immediately, such as transfers and payments.
        +1 Same here. Initially I applied to CA who luckily rejected me!

Comment

For what it's worth, I've had no issues with CA since I opened my companies account with them 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            For what it's worth, I've had no issues with CA since I opened my companies account with them 8 years ago.
            WHS

I've had no problems with them for the 15 years I've had my business account with them.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              WHS

I've had no problems with them for the 15 years I've had my business account with them.
              +1, same here. I don't pay any fees, either.

Like all these things, customers have different experiences.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                WHS

No problems for me either in my 12 years with them.

Comment

+1 for Lloyds, think it's a fiver a month, never had any hassle. Can do expense/divi transfers from a mobile phone app etc. Text message on a Friday morning to check the most recent transactions (a.k.a have I been paid).
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

It's worth checking that your client/agent is putting the correct numbers in the correct boxes. I can't imagine it going wrong for UK payments (), but CA/Santander are not a clearing bank, so the overseas routing is a mess (via RBS) and they (RBS) will no longer accept a lenient interpretation of wire transfers even if they know who it's intended for (i.e. right information in the wrong boxes).

Comment

Working...
                    X