• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your plan for worst case scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your plan for worst case scenario

After dividends tax, T&E removal, removal of BTL mortgage relief, and possible payroll after 1 month hits on contractors, what's everyone's alternative plan for contracting

1- Carry on regardless, got no choice
    2- Go perm, it’s not worth it
    3- Leave the country
    4- Downsize, retire, embrace the Good Life lifestyle

5. Open another business
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

We don't know. How about wait until we do before making a decision rather than flailing in the dark?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        We don't know. How about wait until we do before making a decision rather than flailing in the dark?
        You're a poker player right?

Always good to have some back-door outs.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

But flailing in the dark is what we do. No need for facts, just make premature decisions...
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

NLUK, no one is making a decision, its considering alternatives.. for me perhaps try 4, if it didn't work, then has to be carryon regardless, can't face perm now !

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              But flailing in the dark is what we do. No need for facts, just make premature decisions...
              Are you by any chance the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Comment

It all depends how bad it gets tomorrow, but one things is for sure - I am not going back to perm.

Comment

I've been looking at option 3 for a while, but I think I might pursue is a little stronger.

Comment

Yeah, all this planning ahead malarkey is just cheating after all.

Comment

Working...
                    X