• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Problems at Client Site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking Problems at Client Site

I've mentioned this before but there's been a development.

The client has around 80 spaces for around 400 cars. The whole business park is littered with parked cars on verges, double yellows, it's pretty chaotic. As a rule I arrive early enough to grab one of the 80 spaces but not on Mondays when I wind up on a pleasant housing estate on the other side of the dual carriageway. I take care not to park directly outside anyone's house as I know how irritating that can be.

Lately the residents on the housing estate seem to have introduced some sort of informal neighbourhood watch "parking deterrent" scheme. It appears to be a four strike rule.

1. They put a note on your windscreen
    2. They mess with your car.
    3. They write something rude on your windscreen.
    4. They deflate your tyres.

I never got a note, going directly to step 2 (wing mirrors pulled back) and step 3 (C***). Perhaps he or she is worried about leaving their DNA on my vehicle with the note.

The client has issued an email encouraging us to double park (Pointless. We already triple park where possible).

Anyway. My car is a 10 year old dirt-covered tool with 170K miles on the clock, covered in scratches and scrapes. But that's not the point here. I haven't sat through 90 episodes of "Dexter" and learned nothing. When my contract ends I want to nip over and lie in wait for this git.
    Last edited by I just need to test it; 24 November 2015, 17:06.

Just get remote camera, it will photo what you need

Comment

I've had a quick shufty and they're too visible. I'd be afraid of him putting my windows through to get to it.

Comment

Are you going to fit a few hidden cameras to identify the charly?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The hidden cameras I saw were pricey, though yes, that'd be the civilised solution.

EDIT: Just seen some for £120 that look like worth a bit of research. They're disguised as air fresheners...
          Last edited by I just need to test it; 24 November 2015, 17:16.

Comment

I'd never work at such a client site. My Range Rover is more precious to me than the lass I am bonking, usually

Comment

Do they not have a helipad?
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                The hidden cameras I saw were pricey, though yes, that'd be the civilised solution.
                Never buy those cheap cameras.

The one I installed in the ladies changing rooms at the Bradfrd Virgin gym hardly worked a week

Comment

How come General has suddenly become the new professional forums?? How quaint...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    How come General has suddenly become the new professional forums?? How quaint...
                    This is a general moan and the sort of place where you can read a post that leaves you thinking that it's a minute of your life that you cannot have back. Excellent post in that respect.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X