• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Content Theft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Theft

An Indian chap has just copied one of my blog posts to his own server, where he is passing it off as his own work. No link back, not attribution. I have sent him an email. He actually left a comment on another post of mine which is how I found out (it contained a link to his site). It is trivial, but has anybody else experienced content theft over the web?

The guys web site seems to consist largely of Unix interview question lists and answers.

Do the needful and be direct.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Waiting for some joker to copy/paste my post as a comment

Comment

He must be desperate to have copied any of your nonsense.

If you really care - launch a DOS attack. Or email bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post

Comment

Presumably his blog either has a comments section or some kind of forum type thingy, maybe a CUK holiday over there?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If you really care - launch a DOS attack. Or email bombing.
              As I said it was trivial, I was more interested in what other sorts of tea-leafery might be going on. I know some of you are developers, have you ever had code half-inched?

Comment

As I said it was trivial, I was more interested in what other sorts of tea-leafery might be going on. I know some of you are developers, have you ever had code half-inched?
                You should be flattered!

Comment

The guys web site seems to consist largely of Unix interview question lists and answers.
                  All copied from other sites. Unfortunately there are lots of blogs around with content copied from other sites.

Least it wasn't your photo linky
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Presumably his blog either has a comments section or some kind of forum type thingy, maybe a CUK holiday over there?
                    No comments section. Wonder why.

Comment

Working...
                    X