• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road rage incidents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road rage incidents

On the motorway this morning, doing 80 in lane 3 overtaking some slower moving traffic. Some nob in a white grand cherokee is then on my bumper flashing his lights, presumably wanting me to get out the way but just where to, I dont know.

I noticed there were no blue lights on his grill and when I'd passed the last vehicle, signalled and pulled into lane 2.

The nob then draws up alongside and swerves twice in a mock gesture at forcing me off the road.

TBH, I was a bit taken aback someone would try such a thing but **** me, Im not having that. So I let him pass then overtake and draw alongside him, stand on the horn and gesture for him to pull over if he wants to show how tough he is.

Lucky for him, he makes a violent swerve off the quickly approaching off slip road.

Honestly, I could have killed the fecker for pulling that stunt. Think Im going to start carrying a iron pipe in the car from now on.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Did you get his number?

Some people (not me currently) have video cameras in their cars for such incidents.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dash cams are the way to go, dad!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Did you get his number?

Some people (not me currently) have video cameras in their cars for such incidents.
        No I didnt really look at his plate because his action really took me by surprise.
        Yep, I was looking at a BlackVue dash cam only yesterday but TBH again, not sure the camera would have picked the incident up even with its 140 degree viewing angle as he did the swervy thing alongside.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          On the motorway this morning, doing 80 in lane 3 overtaking some slower moving traffic. Some nob in a white grand cherokee is then on my bumper flashing his lights, presumably wanting me to get out the way but just where to, I dont know.

I noticed there were no blue lights on his grill and when I'd passed the last vehicle, signalled and pulled into lane 2.

The nob then draws up alongside and swerves twice in a mock gesture at forcing me off the road.

TBH, I was a bit taken aback someone would try such a thing but **** me, Im not having that. So I let him pass then overtake and draw alongside him, stand on the horn and gesture for him to pull over if he wants to show how tough he is.

Lucky for him, he makes a violent swerve off the quickly approaching off slip road.

Honestly, I could have killed the fecker for pulling that stunt. Think Im going to start carrying a iron pipe in the car from now on.
          Had a few of those over the years. One fella escalated it by pointing a gun at me out of the window. I let him on his way after that.

Phoned the police and gave them the number plate. Registered to a completely different make of car.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No I didnt really look at his plate because his action really took me by surprise.
            Yep, I was looking at a BlackVue dash cam only yesterday but TBH again, not sure the camera would have picked the incident up even with its 140 degree viewing angle as he did the swervy thing alongside.
            What you need are a set of cameras. Front - 170 degree range and Rear - 120.

Comment

Think Im going to start carrying a iron pipe in the car from now on.
              I carry one of those old fashined big heavy steering locks, for "added security".
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                I carry one of those old fashined big heavy steering locks, for "added security".
                Large tyre spanner,
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He was probably just really angry with himself for driving a Cherokee.

As soon as someone flashes their lights aggressively at me I adjust my speed to be exactly that of the car to my left. I love a bit of sport.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                    He was probably just really angry with himself for driving a Cherokee.

As soon as someone flashes their lights aggressively at me I adjust my speed to be exactly that of the car to my left. I love a bit of sport.
                    That thought crossed my mind TBH!

Comment

Working...
                    X