• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Probate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probate

Sadly my mother has passed away and I will be handling Probate.

She doesn't have any property, just some savings and premium bonds. As far as I know she didn't leave a will (although I'm performing a search for any registered will she might have left)

Has anyone here used a fixed price/fee probate service to handle this? I looked into doing my self, but I can't honestly face doing all the paperwork and court stuff.

Don't want to just appoint a solicitor on an hourly fee basis (how does £300/hr sound?), heard too many horror stories....Probate: The £600m RIP-off | Money | The Guardian

Thanks all
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

My sincere condolences. I'll leave it as that as there are no words...

Personally I haven't however I believe my father has used such a service and I am seeing him this evening and will ask for his feedback for you. Not much help I know but it might be something...
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

I've done three probates now. Once you get started they are quite straightforward. The most important thing is not to rush any disbursements. Give it a week or two and you might feel differently.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sorry to hear, don't make same mistake as me and get Probate mixed up with prostrate fees

Comment

Working...
        X