• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn statement - a bit of a theme?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn statement - a bit of a theme?

I thought I detected a bit of a theme yesterday

The number of groups that seemed to come under attack for no good reason and no good purpose followed by no action or a U Turn. Contractors, police, some welfare claimants

threatening people then backing off is worse than just smacking them in the gob imo. Makes him look like a retarded bully.

Don't misunderstand me, I think that getting the deficit down is the no1 priority. But this is bad leadership, you have to take people with you
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Gideon & his pig molesting mate are a pair well met.

I wouldn't urinate on either of them if they were on fire.
    I'd roast marshmellows
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I thought I detected a bit of a theme yesterday

The number of groups that seemed to come under attack for no good reason and no good purpose followed by no action or a U Turn. Contractors, police, some welfare claimants

threatening people then backing off is worse than just smacking them in the gob imo. Makes him look like a retarded bully.

Don't misunderstand me, I think that getting the deficit down is the no1 priority. But this is bad leadership, you have to take people with you
      In the longer term he's suffered some real damage. It's been shown that if enough people oppose his plans then he will back down.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X