• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Fred Dibnah when you need him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Fred Dibnah when you need him?

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/demoliti...200213648.html

Oooops.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    A fellow Boltonian.

Not the most popular if you happened to get stuck behind his steam roller on Bury New Road at 5mph......

Comment

That looks like it was filmed by a drone, and quite well too.

A couple of my mates went to Uni in Bolton when Fred was alive; turned up unannounced at his house and asked if they could have a look round (They were doing Mech.Eng). Said he took them round his garden/workshops and was proper friendly, and made them both a brew etc.

The country lost a great character when he sadly passed away.
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm not sure I'd have liked living next door, mind.
        He lived in the old Toll house on Radcliffe road. Single storey at front, three at back into a dip. Down there he had a working mine pithead. He wanted to actually dig a proper mine but Bolton Council stopped him. He was well miffed.

Don't think his ex-wives were too keen on him!

Comment

Working...
        X