• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That worked out well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That worked out well

I suppose the Queen will have to have her payrise stopped now: Ministers lose £80m in revenue after scrapping car tax discs | Money | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

You couldn't make it up, right?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

you knew that was going to happen on the tax disks....
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What does it say that people don't believe number plate recognition is possible, or that computer system can keep track of whether you have tax or not, but were living in fear of a bobby on the beat walking around looking in your windscreen to check your tax?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Makes me laugh, a neighbour of mine was driving around in two untaxed cars. Both of which were reported to the DVLA after having checked the vehicle status online and nothing was done for 9 months.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yeh I didnt know you check the status online for cars you don't own.

Long running argument in my street with other neighbours with fella who parks his huge mobile home on the street. Then gets funny if someone parks in 'his' space - even though its not outside his house.

But Public road and taxed vehicle etc. Some of the neighbours get a bit too wound up.

Oops maybe not it appears...

He rents it out and uses it himself but looks like he tried to save a few quid by declaring it SORN during the winter and one of the neighbours checked.

DVLA (didnt know it was them that did it) came around and clamped it. He had to pay up the tax PLUS clamp/admin fee apparently. He was lucky it was a huge van or they'd have towed it off I heard.

Must admit that was funny.....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I don't get it though, say you forgot to tax it for a couple of months, then went online to tax it, surely the system would say "You've not submitted a SORN, here's a fine for you.." Or at least back date the tax?
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Makes me laugh, a neighbour of mine was driving around in two untaxed cars. Both of which were reported to the DVLA after having checked the vehicle status online and nothing was done for 9 months.
                We used to live close to the motorway, back when scrap values were low.

Cars used to get dumped in our road. You would report them and nothing. If the tax disk was out of date you sometimes could get them towed.

It stopped when we started photographing the people dumping them.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  I don't get it though, say you forgot to tax it for a couple of months, then went online to tax it, surely the system would say "You've not submitted a SORN, here's a fine for you.." Or at least back date the tax?
                  That would require joined up thinking on the DVLA's part I don't think it'd happen anytime soon.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    You can't renew a tax disk online more than a month after the old one has expired. The reference number on the reminder is no longer recognised.

That's another stupid bureaucratic obstacle for people who forget for a while, or move and don't receive their reminder, but want to do the Right Thing and renew their tax.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X