• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear...Aitport charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear...Aitport charges

So this is what the Tories want: Government wants airport drop-off charges to spread | Travel | The Independent

The aviation minister, Robert Goodwill, has come down in favour of the measure to “nudge behavioural change” and persuade people to use public transport to reach the airport.
    Mr Goodwill said: “We are very keen for people to move from the car to public transport. If we provide reliable, clean and cost-effective public transport solutions, whether that be bus or train, people will take that option.”
    This is what happens: Gatwick Express: Passengers in danger of missing flights as airport train service is halved | News & Advice | Travel | The Independent
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

How is that cause and effect?

Using public transport to reach London airports is just sensible similarly Manchester. For Newcastle/Durham Tees it's a PITA as we don't have the same infrastructure.

Is it an environmental thing, or just London airports being so busy they need to try and get cars to stay away?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

At Birmingham Airport it's a pure greed thing.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Nearest London Airport to me = 25 minute drive. Nearest train station with links to that airport = 15 minute drive + 45 minute train journey.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Nearest London Airport to me = 25 minute drive. Nearest train station with links to that airport = 15 minute drive + 45 minute train journey.
          And your point? Think of the planet comrade.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            So for some people it makes sense to drive. That's great. But to millions it doesn't. If someone's driving you 25min there, then driving 25min back, paying £3 to drop you off is no big deal.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              At Birmingham Airport it's a pure greed thing.
              You have to pay 30p to have a slash at the train station and the bus station there as well I discovered
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

I'm sure it will all change once Corbyn gets in
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

And what happens when your plane dumps you in the airport at 4.00am?
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I always get to and from UK airports via hire car.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X