• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sofabeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sofabeds

Nearly everyone we know seems to have Ikea futon/beds in their spare room which are presumably as uncomfortable in the bed configuration as they are as a sofa.

Have proper sofa-beds, which are a real sofa folding out into a half-decent double bed, gone out of fashion? Or are they just very expensive and people don't see the point for aspare bed that is hardly used?

Where might one look for such a thing that is OK but not crazy money? Any recommendations?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nearly everyone we know seems to have Ikea futon/beds in their spare room which are presumably as uncomfortable in the bed configuration as they are as a sofa.

Have proper sofa-beds, which are a real sofa folding out into a half-decent double bed, gone out of fashion? Or are they just very expensive and people don't see the point for aspare bed that is hardly used?

Where might one look for such a thing that is OK but not crazy money? Any recommendations?
    Actually, I've got a IKEA one that's a proper sofabed, it's really quite comfortable to sleep on. Nice and sturdy. I hate futons though.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Actually, I've got a IKEA one that's a proper sofabed, it's really quite comfortable to sleep on. Nice and sturdy. I hate futons though.
      You wouldn't happen to remember what it's called?

Comment

We have two. One from IKEA and one from DFS. Neither lasted that well - both they were cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          We have two. One from IKEA and one from DFS. Neither lasted that well - both they were cheap.
          Yes but that's because you permanently get sent to sleep in the spare room

Comment

The LYCKSELE. Although I've just read on Google that they've been recalled due to the risk of cutting off your finger when you open it.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Me too, but it's a sofa with arms, etc. I don't think Ikea make mine anymore.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I bought mine in Harveys for ... 350£
                seemed like a great bargain , and i still think it was.
                other than that theres plenty on gumtree

Comment

These are slightly more expensive than IKEA, but you they are on sale at the moment: Sofa Beds | Luxury Sofabeds at Darlings Of Chelsea
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I have a Chesterfield "proper" sofabed which I'm told is very good to sleep on. Sturdy stuff.

We also have a cheapish foamy type one which we've had no complaints about but I doubt you'd want to do two nights in a row on it.

Mate of mine just had a similar one to my Chesterfield from DesignerSofas4You. No idea if they're not dodgy bastards though.
                    Last edited by LucidDementia; 27 November 2015, 13:31.
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                    X