• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Picture on the wall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture on the wall

Afternoon all.

I think I already know the answer to this but Ill ask anyway.

The office I'm based in at the moment is 95% contractors, we are all working on various projects for the client, on the wall as you come in there are A4 sheets with all of the employees mug shots, names, a bit of a blurb about them, their favorite quote and the company logo of the company they are working for (the client is split into 3 companies)... you know the kind of thing.

Anyway Iv noticed recently some contractors pics have appeared up there - and yesterday a card appeared with my name on it and a silhouette where my pic would be - along with the client logo.

Im not overly happy about it - Im certainly not going to cooperate and have my pic taken but just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this - is it just being petty? to refuse? Is this likley to make me look more like an employee in the eyes of other people there and therefore part of the furniture?

**** a duck.

You think HMRC has folk combing the corridors looking for your picture on the wall?

I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

What is your issue with it?

Get them to mark you as a temp/contractor.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What is your issue with it?
        He looks like Shrek?
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Anyway Iv noticed recently some contractors pics have appeared up there

If they ask just say, politely, that you don't want to participate.

Or

Walk in like a man with purpose and tear them all off the wall.

Obviously, if you choose the 2nd option, you will definitely have nothing to worry about (apart from being on the bench)

HTH.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
            He looks like Shrek?

What's wrong with that? Served me well for a few decades.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              What's wrong with that? Served me well for a few decades.
              The iPhone generation have major vanity issues
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

The iPhone generation have major vanity issues
                I said on another post here, the Client Co polish based girls love to get their Co, online, photos all photo shopped, soft focus etc.

Bloody hilarious.
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 27 November 2015, 15:01.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Good call, use it to your advantage, Snarf. Get them to pay for the photo, make sure you get a digital copy of it and use that as your LinkedIn profile.

Comment

**** a duck.

You think HMRC has folk combing the corridors looking for your picture on the wall?

No, I didn't mention HMRC.... You did

What I was thinking was more working practices, when Ive had contracts reviewed one of the questions that comes up in the working practices is "can you be distinguished as a contractor rather than employee" (Wording may be different) ie - can others in the building tell that your a contractor rather than an employee. I'd have thought having your name and picture with the company logo on the "Meet the team/list of staff" notice board would have blurred that line - not for HMRC, but for other people in the building.

Comment

Working...
                    X