• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doctor Who - Heaven Sent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who - Heaven Sent

Jaw dropping. How is this a kids program?

Gruesome, complicated, scary and bloody exceptional.

Sat there open mouthed at the close of this one. A little 'Sherlock' thrown in as well

Well played Moffat.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

As soon as I saw the skulls, I called it. Nice to see the hybrid theme coming to a resolution. It was very good and seriously creepy.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I found it boring.

Only good bit was a discussion with my wife about hoe good an actor Peter Capaldi is.

I had forgotten he was Vera in Prime suspect 3.

Also in Ruth Rendall.

Comment

First of the series I watched

If he didn't keep going to the tardis it could have been something from the twilight zone

Comment

Last night's 'episode' was utter ******* crap. A pile of steaming horse tulip in other words.

Who has already 'lost' my wife and I must admit, Im struggling to stay connected with the show.

I dont see myself or wife being any different to legions of Who watchers. the BBC need to ditch moffat asap or they'll find viewers ditching the show quicker than you can say 'Where's Clara?'
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I found it boring.

Only good bit was a discussion with my wife about hoe good an actor Peter Capaldi is....
            How does boring square with Peter Capaldi showcasing his acting ability.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            ...Who has already 'lost' my wife and I must admit, Im struggling to stay connected with the show....'
            One of the common complaints by journalists reviewing it is that they find it hard to understand. I don't know why this should be the case, unless they're American.

I thought it was decent and fairly original science fiction, and I wouldn't be surprised it if won awards. It's up there with Blink.

Comment

I thought it was very good. IMHO he is the best Dr of the reboot. Not sure if my hearing is going but at times thought he sounded like Tom Baker.

Comment

The hybrid is 'Me'. Remember that.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  How does boring square with Peter Capaldi showcasing his acting ability.

One of the common complaints by journalists reviewing it is that they find it hard to understand. I don't know why this should be the case, unless they're American.

I thought it was decent and fairly original science fiction, and I wouldn't be surprised it if won awards. It's up there with Blink.
                  Who said I had trouble 'understanding' the story? It was just crap. Plain and simple steaming horse tulip. The show is losing viewers because they dont like moffat's storylines.

Yes, some people will flock to it. Some people even flocked to Labour when corbyn stood for and was elected leader afterall.

Nope, if the BBC and moffat carry on with this theme, Who will not last beyond next season, fact.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've read some comments about not understanding how the Doctor was able to get into the Tardis... not getting that it a representation of his mind. Others saying that it was a bird that came every hundred years to chip through the diamond-like substance... not understanding that that was an metaphor for what the Doctor was doing.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Who said I had trouble 'understanding' the story? It was just crap. Plain and simple steaming horse tulip. The show is losing viewers because they dont like moffat's storylines.
                    You're in a minority then. Most reviewers consider it the best in a long time. What didn't you like about it? Why do you think it was crap? What is wrong with Moffat's storyline? What particularly was it that bothered you?

Comment

Working...
                    X