• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tories have 'killed buy-to-let for the middle-classes'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tories have 'killed buy-to-let for the middle-classes'

With the stamp duty increase and withdrawal of tax relief, the Tories have 'killed buy-to-let for the middle-classes'

The Government has dealt a second body-blow to private landlords in six months with the announcement that from April 1 next year the stamp duty payable by investors will be thousands of pounds higher.

Small landlords, most of whom are Conservative voters, are horrified that the party – 91 of whose 330 MPs are themselves landlords – is continuing what they describe as a "deliberate and focused policy to drive us out of business so that only the largest companies can benefit”.

Precisely how the 3pc “buy-to-let stamp duty surcharge” will work remains unclear, but accountants expect that all buyers of second properties – either investments or holiday homes – will pay an additional 3 percentage points in duty on top of the current bands of stamp duty.

Source: One in three Tory MPs own buy-to-lets - but they've wrecked it for everyone else, say landlords - Telegraph

Yep, Tory Scum are no longer need to care about the middle class voter. Why bother? They'd vote for them anyway...

I now believe it is every tax payers mission to find ways of avoiding paying taxes the political classes come up with. There is now no difference between any of them. Period.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I now believe it is every tax payers mission to find ways of avoiding paying taxes the political classes come up with. There is now no difference between any of them. Period.
      Wrong.

There was no difference between Con and Lab before.

And now Cons are worse...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Wrong.

There was no difference between Con and Lab before.

And now Cons are worse...
        Fair point.

I've voted Tory all my life. They've lost me.

I'm voting ISIS next.

Comment

Why should the middle classes be entitled to buy a 2nd house, or several houses, as BTL? People are struggling to buy their first house and you're more concerned about how expensive it is to buy an investment property?

Invest in something else.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Where is that Waldorf chap who said that it was crazy not to thikn that Labour would have done worse???

ISIS ekonomics makes more sense - gold dinars are shiny...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Why should the middle classes be entitled to buy a 2nd house, or several houses, as BTL? People are struggling to buy their first house and you're more concerned about how expensive it is to buy an investment property? Invest in something else.
              Everybody is entitled to do that, why such activity should be penalised??? Tax relief should have been removed long time ago, however extra 3% on purchase regardless of stamp duty band, wtf???

Tories are fooking over small guys who realised that pensions are the Govt approved Ponzi scheme and they should provide for their own future in a country where private property is supposed to be sacred... only there is a problem now in being able to afford that private property in the first place, unless you are one of those massive companies that donate to Tory Scum Party...
              Last edited by AtW; 29 November 2015, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Everybody is entitled to do that
                Why? When you haven't even paid off your own mortgage, why are you entitled to borrow a huge amount of money for another one to make a profit?

I'm not saying it should be penalised, but why are you saying it's a right?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why should the middle classes be entitled to buy a 2nd house, or several houses, as BTL? People are struggling to buy their first house and you're more concerned about how expensive it is to buy an investment property?

Invest in something else.
                  You're so clueless on the English Class system it's scary

If I was working class, I would aspire to buying an extra lump of coal, going to a comprehensive school & getting one or two A-Levels
                  If I was middle class, I would aspire to buying a second home, going to Grammer school and getting a Degree
                  If I was upper class, I would aspire to owning all of Hampshire, going to Eton and then getting elected to the Tory party where I'd **** with the working and middle classes by making them feel they could be aspirational but then taxing the crap out of them so they'd never achieve it.

Comment

Why? When you haven't even paid off your own mortgage, why are you entitled to borrow a huge amount of money for another one to make a profit?
                    It's up to the banks to decide who they give mortgage, Bank of England should control it via interest rates which should have been much higher than they are now in order to control house pricing bubble - this would have dealt with BTL bubble too.

Comment

Working...
                    X