• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to privatise the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to privatise the NHS

After first hand experience of the attitude of a lot of the staff this weekend, there's just no accountability and no-one gives a toss. Time to rip it up and start again.

Dad is 81 only got one good eye. Had cataract surgery last surgery on the good eye. Turfed him out 9am friday morning practically blind. He lives alone, so of course, cant cook, cant read his tablet boxes, cant do his eye drops, cant used the phone, can hardly go to the toilet etc.

So I've been back and fore all weekend. Try to get some help. Must have argued with about 10 different people trying to get someone in to help him. Attitude you get back is not my problem, he should have stayed in hospital, more then my jobs worth.

My wifes a nurse, I know a lot of good nurses, but some of these people should be ashamed of themselves. /Rantover.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Time to close the fecking NHS as it is a risk to public health.

All those people defending "our NHS" should be put on an electric chair

Rant over.

And peace.

Comment

There's many reasons it should be privatised and no reason it can't be a better deal for everyone, including Gideon.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

You're committing the politician's logical fallacy:
        1. NHS is broken, we must do something
        2. Privatisation is doing something
        3. We must privatise the NHS

Also, my mother-in-law (in her 80s) had a stroke recently and the care she received from the NHS was exemplary. According to your logic, it necessarily follows from this that we shouldn't privatise the NHS but leave it as it is.

However, she had my sister-in-law to deal with the staff, who can be quite good at that type of thing. Maybe you're just really bad at getting what you want?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          However, she had my sister-in-law to deal with the staff, who can be quite good at that type of thing. Maybe you're just really bad at getting what you want?
          That sounds like Suity logic.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Time to close the fecking NHS as it is a risk to public health.

All those people defending "our NHS" should be put on an electric chair

Rant over.

And peace.
            FLC - I agree with you. First time ever...

Sub-standard service. But its bullet-proof because its the NHS it appears.

If it was a private company, there'd be riots on the street about it.

Comment

You're committing the politician's logical fallacy:
              1. NHS is broken, we must do something
              2. Privatisation is doing something
              3. We must privatise the NHS

Also, my mother-in-law (in her 80s) had a stroke recently and the care she received from the NHS was exemplary. According to your logic, it necessarily follows from this that we shouldn't privatise the NHS but leave it as it is.

Yes not saying some people don't get good treatment but a lot don't.

I remember putting in an official complaint a few years ago (long story) when my wife was pregnant. I rememeber the official response seemed to follow a template.

1. If you can deny it ever happened, do so.
              2. If you can make some excuse like budget cuts, do so.
              3. Last option, if you can't make the first two stick, say "all I we can do is apologise".
              4. Complaint sorted. Happy days.

Comment

But you shouldnt have to kick to get things right. My old man is 81, even today, his attitude is he doesnt want to get anyone in trouble.

Im good at complaining. My mrs is a nurse so knows EXACTLY how it all works etc.

I must have argued with about 8-10 people over the weekend. Each time I had to threaten them before they'd do anything. Only after a weekend of threats did something get sorted late sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  FLC - I agree with you. First time ever...

Sub-standard service. But its bullet-proof because its the NHS it appears.

If it was a private company, there'd be riots on the street about it.
                  That is the whole point. If you complain to them, they go through a long bureaucratic process and all you get towards the end is an apology. There is no fecking way you will win against unless of course you are dead due to their negligence.

And some of them here complain about 'No win, No fee' lawyers Suit yourself!

I once had to go abroad to get treated, if it explains the waiting periods and bureaucracy. I now spend a decent amount on BUPA per month, but then I know I will get the right treatment when I need it and not after it leads into another complication. If it is a pre-existing condition, I spend my money on it and get treated. Peace!

Comment

The problem with the NHS is too many managers and Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy.

I live in a country with private medicine. You can still get the same crapness as the NHS... and you're paying for it! Privatisation isn't a cure-all.

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    ...Im good at complaining...
                    Yes we've noticed. I'm not entirely convinced you're good at complaining effectively though, given your posts about your contracts in the past.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X