• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye Torygraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Torygraph

I've had enough of all the left leaning vacuous bloggers ( and clickbait) on their site these days so I've signed up to the Times digital package for 3 months - where there will also be left leaning journos but at least they're not blogging endless noise all day long.

Their Android app is pretty neat too....

I was thinking the DT was going a bit lefty a few months back but then it seemed to right itself. Tebbit there today yearning for Maggie. Excellent.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Torygraph is the new Daily Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Torygraph is the new Daily Fail.
        DM is popular online so it's not surprising.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I subscribe to the FT and the Economist. That's more than enough news for me.

Really enjoy the Economist. The articles are in-depth and better still it comes with an audio downloadable version so you can listen to the entire magazine.

Comment

I get all my news from CUK.

Comment

Great idea, find a newspaper that tells you what you want to hear.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I was thinking the DT was going a bit lefty a few months back but then it seemed to right itself. Tebbit there today yearning for Maggie. Excellent.
                Geoffrey Lean is leaving, so a lurch to the right is inevitable. He was only employed to rake in the greenie advertising, apparently
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've been tempted to try the FT, as I've heard its quality is better than most of the mainstream journos. Doesn't come free, though. As much as I like some Torygraph writers, it's as you say, a lot more sensationalist crap these days, some left wing, some right wing, all of it a waste of time.

I tend to avail myself of David Stockman's blog for economic analysis, as his own stuff is great, and he syndicates a lot of other writers, too.
                  Last edited by Zero Liability; 30 November 2015, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Great idea, find a newspaper that tells you what you want to hear.
                    I always liked the idea of a paper having a columnist from the other side of the fence but the Telegraph has more than its fair share of disgruntled Blairites and Cameron apologists .

Ultimately, though, they all spout the establishment line & I'm more likley to be reading a paper for other reasons than reading the news, e.g. doing the crossword.

That's why I always get the Indy on Saturday. Love the picture quiz in the magazine section.

Comment

Working...
                    X