• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trolls Beware?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolls Beware?

Targeting racist trolls by putting their comments on billboards - BBC News
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

How would that work? The whole reason trolls exist is because of anonymity. Unless you trace them and name and shame the real person behind the online presence, all you are doing is giving them a bigger stage to spread their hatred and bile.
    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
      How would that work? The whole reason trolls exist is because of anonymity. Unless you trace them and name and shame the real person behind the online presence, all you are doing is giving them a bigger stage to spread their hatred and bile.

...or more likely to boost their egos.

"Look at me, I said something so good that it got put on posters."
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is literally what trolls aspire to have
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

I suppose they don't want to incite vigilante attacks or something?

It does seem an odd idea.

Comment

This screams of a fundamental lack of understanding of why Trolls exist and what they are doing it for.
            If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

+1. Its like ASBOs.

I am tempted to say the only way is testicle removal. But it seems women are just as likely to troll.

Comment

The group collects comments from Facebook or Twitter and uses geolocation tools to find out where the people who have posted them live. They then buy billboard space nearby and post the comments in huge letters, although names and photos are pixelated.
                Never in the entire history of all humanity, has there been a more futile series of actions.
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  Never in the entire history of all humanity, has there been a more futile series of actions.
                  Except when you go up to a lady with your carefully prepared chat-up lines you mean.

Comment

Working...
                  X