• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is it possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it possible?

So, the old man down the road passed away and for a quick sale his son sold the house, under priced by around 50k, I reckon. He sold it quickly because of the memories!

The guy that bought it has decided to rent it out and this is the bit I just don't understand...

The couple renting are on benefits, she works part time, low paid (probably less than 16 hours). He is a house husband and looks after yep their 6 kids.

How can they afford it, it will be around £750 pm.

They have two cars, how? Well they have one now, first night of moving in apparently his was "stolen" after he left the keys in it.

It's a no-through road, quiet and there have been no issues with stolen cars before this.

So, how is it possible a couple with 6 kids and on benefits can afford it?

If I could I would tell you the name of the kids, you would not believe it, really.

We have this thing called housing benefit...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We have this thing called housing benefit...
      Yep but surely it's capped. You can't just rock up to any house and say I want to rent it, housing benefit office please pay it.

Comment

Cant you just mind your own business ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

apparently you can demand a house suitable for the size of your family. there were reports a while back about families getting large properties in Kensington rented for them.
          If the 6 sprogs are all of a certain age and different sex (not all six of them, but these days its probably possible) then they all need (by law) their own room...
          If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
            apparently you can demand a house suitable for the size of your family. there were reports a while back about families getting large properties in Kensington rented for them.
            If the 6 sprogs are all of a certain age and different sex (not all six of them, but these days its probably possible) then they all need (by law) their own room...
            mmm it's a 3 bedroom, can't remember the exact mix of the sprogs.

Comment

That doesn't sound like a housing benefit place then, no way near enough rooms any way you look at it. (from a council perspective).

Maybe they are just independently wealthy or maybe they know the owner/landlord and are getting it much cheaper?
              If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Yep but surely it's capped. You can't just rock up to any house and say I want to rent it, housing benefit office please pay it.
                Except you can apparently.

I know of one chap on benefits, had a flat provided for him in a fairly rough town. His mum and dad happened to have an empty flat in a nearby desirable town. Chap decides to arrange it so he's moved to his parents empty flat, so now they're being paid by the taxpayer to keep a roof over the head of their layabout son!
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The guy that bought it has decided to rent it out and this is the bit I just don't understand...

The couple renting are on benefits, she works part time, low paid (probably less than 16 hours). He is a house husband and looks after yep their 6 kids.
                  Well as long as tax payer's money is being funnelled directly into the pocket of greedy middle class BTL'ers that's okay then. Capitalism innit.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    Except you can apparently.

I know of one chap on benefits, had a flat provided for him in a fairly rough town. His mum and dad happened to have an empty flat in a nearby desirable town. Chap decides to arrange it so he's moved to his parents empty flat, so now they're being paid by the taxpayer to keep a roof over the head of their layabout son!

Nope, not possible. There are checks in place to prevent this. If they lie about the landlord relationship they are committing fraud.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X