• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offer Accepted, Property still on Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer Accepted, Property still on Market

EA told me property was coming off the market when offer was accepted on Friday. Property still showing For Sale on RightMove & EA's website.

I smell a rat...

Would you proceed with the mortgage application & survey under these conditions? I can see myself getting gazzumped & a few grand going down the drain.

Contact the EA, ask them. You might find it takes a few days for them to update their website. You might also find they are waiting for confirmation that you have the money sorted out - if you haven't started applying for a mortgage then they will not want to put all their eggs in one basket waiting for you, so they might not push the property, but they also won't take it down.

Worth asking them, not a bunch of contractors.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I would post a rant on CUK, wait to be gazumped, then post a further "woe is me" post on CUK.

Then post on CUK when you start the house hunting process again.

Comment

At what point do you take yourself off the job market? Just sayin'
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This guy just makes these stories up for general amusement yes?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Worth asking them, not a bunch of contractors.
            I have asked the question & I was told it was coming off the market. Don't really trust EAs that much TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              This guy just makes these stories up for general amusement yes?
              Never been gazzumped? It's a painful experience...

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                I have asked the question & I was told it was coming off the market. Don't really trust EAs that much TBH.
                Have some balls. You need to throw your weight around. Contact the vendor if you can and tell them the EA they are using are going to lose them their house sale.

Comment

They've got the word "Agent" in their job title, what do you expect?

Did they ask you for two previous houses that you've lived in, just for reference and not so they can try to sell them?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

EA told me property was coming off the market when offer was accepted on Friday. Property still showing For Sale on RightMove & EA's website.

I smell a rat...

Would you proceed with the mortgage application & survey under these conditions? I can see myself getting gazzumped & a few grand going down the drain.
                    Phone them up or get a mate to do so and ask them for a viewing. If they say yes, time to kick off. If they say sorry it's not available then you know they're just slow to update the site.
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
                    X