• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung Fridge Freezer I'm I going mad ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Fridge Freezer I'm I going mad ?

Bought a Samsung Fridge Freezer and had it a week, its a frost free model. I noticed that stuff in the freezer didn't freeze as well as my old one, in my old one stuff was frozen rock solid in this one its seems to be a bit frozen at the edges, for example a frozen pizza still can bend in the middle. Freezer temp gauge shows -23 my thermometer shows -10.

I've got an engineer coming out to look to see if its faulty but I just wondered with these frost free freezer is this how they work in that they don't freeze stuff rock solid ?

I have the temp set to lowest and the unit is fitted with correct gaps around it.
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Sounds very dodgy to me.
    freezers are supposed to freeze things, not cool them. If your stuff is not fully frozen you will die a horrible death.
    try putting a cup of water in there, or the the missus, see what it's like in an hour or so.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Frost free works by trying to keep the air as dry as possible in the freezer and sealing the door well.
      Are you sure your freezer isn't set to F instead of C?

Did you buy it online or in store?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sounds dodgy to me, my folks have a frost free and I'm always envious that stuff comes out (obviously) frozen n dry. Unlike mine that produces it's own snow and ice in abundance.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Sounds suspect. You are supposed to give new fridges a few days to settle before you turn them on though or the compressor won't work properly.
          Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Sorry, it is my butler's headache. Not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Sorry, it is my onsite butcher's headache. Not mine.
              FTFY
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thanks for the replies yeah it seems dodgy then, I just didn't know if this is the way frost free was supposed to work. I recon it must be thermostat / computer as it shows -23 but nothing freezes, they wont replacer / refund until Samsung come out to confirm fault. I bought on Credit card first Samsung product ever I've bought and it will be the last, I've never had issues with any other makes even the crappy ones.

I let it settle for 15hrs as per the manual.
                I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                  Thanks for the replies yeah it seems dodgy then, I just didn't know if this is the way frost free was supposed to work. I recon it must be thermostat / computer as it shows -23 but nothing freezes, they wont replacer / refund until Samsung come out to confirm fault. I bought on Credit card first Samsung product ever I've bought and it will be the last, I've never had issues with any other makes even the crappy ones.

I've had a Samsung American style fridge freezer since 2008 and never had a problem with it. In fact, it's the only appliance that has survived the enemy's cull and makes it into the new kitchen.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post

Is it a side by side fridge freezer or a top/bottom one?

Which section is the freezer section?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X